cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer didn't turn up

SHR87
Tuning in

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this but I was due to get a service installed today and no-one turned up. 2 customer Service Agents gave me 2 different reasons, one was a fault in the area (there wasn't) and another said the equipment hadn't been delivered to the warehouse. Is there anyone that can help me get this issue resolved? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

staff might help but be sure to log a complaint and start records for compensation - VM are likely to try and do you out of it but if they do come back for help

for the missed visit you get £26 or there abouts and for every day they dont come from the install date - i assume today was the first install date you have then thats £5 odd a day

as to the customer service agents thats the level of the help you will get - i.e. NON or BS - its really a waste of time ringing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm only a week in to being a customer and it hasn't been the best start shall we say. I'll be sure to do that, thanks again!

@SHR87 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, yeah I'm only a week in to being a customer and it hasn't been the best start shall we say. I'll be sure to do that, thanks again!

Well, technically, until you get connected up and start paying, then you aren’t really a customer.

Usual advice, as Tony says above, the missed appointment with no notice, earns you some £26 plus £5.25 for today and every subsequent day until one of three things happen, a) you get connected up; b) you give up and cancel (hint: don’t do that); or c) VM send you a formal ‘cease notice’ which says that they can’t be bothered to do it, but even then they are obliged to keep paying the £5.25 per day for a subsequent 30 days.

What I normally advise is to set yourself a deadline, ie if no VM by two weeks time, I’ll simply sign up with an alternative supplier. Now whether or not you cancel with VM then is up to you, on one hand you could think about the £5.25 per day building up and when they do finally do it, you immediately cancel under the 14 day cooling off period rule. On the other hand, the compo is probably nice, but you’ll have a brown box affixed like an unwanted carbuncle to the front of your house plus holes drilled in the walls, but you will at least know that the cables are all there should you want to give VM another chance in the future.

As regarding the compensation, there is no question that you are entitled to it, however VM seem to have a degree of ‘form’ for trying to avoid paying it - which includes outright lying to people such as yourself. And that’s fine, if and when it comes to that, just post back on here and we can advise accordingly.

Well I have 22 days notice period left on my current provider so I will probably use that as my deadline, thanks very much for your help, it's very much appreciated. It's a lot more than I've recieved on official channels up to now unfortunately!

@SHR87 wrote:

Snip…
It's a lot more than I've recieved on official channels up to now unfortunately!

Unfortunately, that experience is not unusual - but welcome to the weird and wacky world of Virgin Media!

Haha thank you! Feeling the love already! I'm sure it'll get sorted

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @SHR87, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the poor start with Virgin Media.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me, and I'll look into this with you, once data protection has been passed.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for coming back to me via private message @SHR87, and I'm pleased to hear you've been able to have this resolved with our team.

Do please keep us updated on this, and if required, we'll be on hand to assist further.

All the best,

David_Bn

Thank you for your assistance, it is very much appreciated!