Menu
ben1234ben
Tuning in
Message 1 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Engineer can't install 2nd box and Virgin will not adjust package

Today I had an engineer come to install x2 V6 boxes. The guy was really helpful however he explained that he couldn't install the second box due to the location and fact I had hardiplank on the outside wall. I was told by sales the V6 box is wireless (it's not and its a common problem). He said we had to speak to customers services and arrange a new cheaper package. An hour later and passed to 4/5 teams we got no where so he upgraded my vivo box, apologised and left. 

Then I call to speak to someone explaining the situation again and get told that someone is coming back to install the box on the 6th of August. I have not heard this before then, and she wouldn't accept the fact that the box cannot be installed and said I have two options to cancel my contract and pay a cancellation fee (I only signed up this week) or to wait until the engineer installs on the 6th August. However this box cannot be installed as the engineer has said, and Im not taking another day off to be told this.

As part of getting two boxes I was sold extra channels etc which I agreed to as it was sold as a package and to remove the install fee. So now I have a package I only agreed to on the basis on having x2 boxes.

All I want is a new package price that is competitive. Plus I have lost half a days work to be here, spent 2 hours on the phone and have not got the service I am paying for and have been told nothing can be done. 

Do virgin media want to keep loyal customers? Very confused and frustrated by my experience today. 

As it stands it seems all I can do is leave or overpay for a service not provided that has wasted a lot of my time. Do virgin have any managers in the UK I can speak to?

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer can't install 2nd box and Virgin will not adjust package

the V6 box is WIFI, but that is for the internet connection. it still requires a physical hard wired connection to received the TV channels.

what is that reason it can't be hardwired? is there no route for the cable to run to it?
where does the cable enter your property compared to where this box would be?
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I don't understand the reference to hardiplank as it's a cement board which can be drilled through.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
Tudor
Hero
Message 4 of 31
Flag for a moderator

A good drill will go through anything except perhaps steel. Width is not a problem either, I have some 12mm, 16mm, 20mm & 25mm 1 metre long drills.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
ben1234ben
Tuning in
Message 5 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes I found that out from the engineer, however when taking the order I was told that it can connect wirelessly to the other V6 box if it can't be wired as this was a concern of mine.

The room for the 2nd box is an extension on our house which is covered in hardiplank. The engineer said here was a route we could take in however aside from running a wire down the hardiplank he said drilling from the inside out could cause it to damage from the inside pressure and they can't drill outside to in.

I accepted this but then spent 2 hours on calls trying to explain this to customer support who didn't understand and just said someone is coming back on the 6th August which the engineer never mentioned and told me all I need to do is negotiate a lower price for the reduced package. 

Also at the point of order to remove the Installation fee I was encouraged to take a movie pack which I was told can be cancelled straight away plus extra channels as part of the 2 V6 box deal. Now I only have one this isn't the same deal and don't need to extra channels or install fee for 1 box.

Really disappointed to have wasted so much time today and now have a contract that can't be fulfilled and no ones who can resolve this.

0 Kudos
ben1234ben
Tuning in
Message 6 of 31
Flag for a moderator

They won't do it though from the inside out on our bedroom. I can accept this but not the fact I am paying for package with x2 V6 boxes that cost more for the extra box and with extra channels too.
0 Kudos
ben1234ben
Tuning in
Message 7 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Is there anyone from Virgin that can help me? as customers services seem to be reading from a script. Virgin customer service use to be good.

Am I right in thinking as my new contract has only just started I can leave with no costs? Customer services are telling me I have to pay a cancellation fee.

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 8 of 31
Flag for a moderator

are you over the 14 day cooling off period?
ben1234ben
Tuning in
Message 9 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Nope, I only signed up for a new contract on the 28th July. It feels like customer services are trying to drag things out beyond this period by not helping to resolve anything and making up new install dates for the second box which the same engineer will come back and say the same thing 

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 10 of 31
Flag for a moderator

if you are within 14 days then you can simply cancel. you don't need to wait for anything.