Menu
shepster666
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Engineer booking

I am trying to book an engineer to come to my house. i need the virgin media connection where it comes into the house moved. Any ideas. There just doesn't seem to be an option for this anywhere in help or when you call...btw my patience for waiting on the phone for hours to speak to someone, would probably run out after about 3 minutes.

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Engineer booking

Well your patience is going to be tried for a lot longer, I'm afraid. VM have suspended this kind of work to reduce their tech's contact with the public and the public's contact with their techs. very sensible while the virus emergency is on. Only fault repair work is being done. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

tehwolf
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@shepster666 wrote:

I am trying to book an engineer to come to my house. i need the virgin media connection where it comes into the house moved. Any ideas. There just doesn't seem to be an option for this anywhere in help or when you call...btw my patience for waiting on the phone for hours to speak to someone, would probably run out after about 3 minutes.

i;ve seen a couple of comments around here from people trying to do the same thing and are being told that because of lockdown, non-essential works are not being undertaken.

It will also cost you £99 for a non-fault call out. 

if you want to move it to a different location for convenience and/or to put it in a more central location for better wifi access, then you're probably better off putting that £99 towards a decent router/mesh system that will eliminate any wifi issues.

if you want to move it somewhere else because you're doing an extension or something, i suspect that you will have to wait for covid restrictions to ease.

shepster666
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the quick response bud. I'm getting some work done which will leave the entry point and box is goes into behind a stud wall. I suppose I'll have to leave it there until covid is done and then they can come out and rectify. Tbf £99 is cheaper than I thought they would charge. I'll just have to make sure the builder is careful.

thanks