Menu
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Engineer Installation but I ordered Quickstart

My quick start kit arrived but I now realise that I have an OpenReach connection but not Virgin Media one. What is the best way for me to arrange for an engineer to come and help with installation?

Caroline

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Engineer Installation but I ordered Quickstart

wait here for VM or ring - however if they allowed quick start there has been VM there before - start outside and look for a box on the wall trace any wiring that goes inside

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Settling in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for a quick reply Tony. Is there a number I can call that won't charge me? As I don't have a Virgin Media phone to call from. I don't mind waiting on the phone as long as I won't be charged a fortune to call.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

0345 454 1111 - you can text on 07533051809 - give a brief description of the problem and they will text back - but nothing is instant at the moment

you can also wait for VM here

what have you actually got - is there an external box - if so does a wire go inside - not all installations have an internal box its sometimes just a cable sticking out of the wall - if you have that then you need a connector to be able to attach the cable that came with the hub - a satellite connector about £1 at B & Q

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caz96,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are aren't able to connect your services.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos