Menu
Ralphwaumsley
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Endless delays on a cable audit

Hi there,

I ordered a new TV/phone/fibre package back at the end of August last year, and am still waiting on the installation.

During September 2018 the installation was cancelled as I was told that some digging/construction needed to be done, and then in Nov I was told that installation needed to be put on holding pending a cable audit as the duct was at capacity.

I phoned up again today and was told that this is still the case and there is still not a date for this cable audit to happen.

Part of the frustration is that I know there is an unused old virgin cable going to the flat upstairs to us (we have the bottom two floors of a terrace house, they have top 2 floors), so I know for certain that there is a cable in that duct that is not being used, and therefore could be replaced with the new one we want installing.

Every request to escalate this is falling on deaf in ears in Construction and I'm starting to despair that anything will ever get resolved here.

It seems to me that it should be a relatively simple operation to take out the unused cable and put in a new one? Am I missing something here?? Starting to get to end of tether on this and have been stuck with our crappy Openreach copper connection for 5 months, the constant disconnections we have with it being the driver to move to Virgin in first place.

Some assistance understanding the how this can be progressed would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ralph

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Wise owl
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Endless delays on a cable audit

I wonder if rather than the 'duct' being at capacity it is really a case of the local street cabinet being at capacity with no connection points being available.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Ralphwaumsley
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Endless delays on a cable audit

Yeah I'm not sure, but Construction have been consistent in saying that it is the duct capacity that is the problem and a cable audit the solution.

Whether that really the case, or just being used as an excuse, I couldn't say!

Again though, would the fact that there is an unused cable sitting there not suggest that it could be removed if the cabinet was at capacity?

0 Kudos