Menu
shabbadoof
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Endless Problems : LS18 / Horsforth area of Leeds

This is a continuation of this

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/LS18-Broadband-Issues-2018/m-p/3757580#M1...

For the last few weeks it's been worse than ever. The internet will just cut out, router reboots itself endlessly, 20mins later it will connect again and then within half an hour the whole thing will have died again!

We've had our cable re-done in our garden even though we told VM that it was affecting LOTS OF HOUSES AROUND US that all come off the exchange and it isn't just us!

I booked an engineer to come to our house last Friday and they didn't even show up, no communication or anything!

can one of the VM reps on here PLEASE reach out to me as we've been without working internet for weeks now and as someone who is self employed and works from home all week having to tether off my iphone isn't what I want to ideally be doing. Especially when we pay VM £58 a month for what is basically non working Internet!

Jon

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Endless Problems : LS18 / Horsforth area of Leeds

Good Morning shabbadoof,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forum!

Sorry to see that you've been having issues with our broadband service.

I may potentially already know the answer this to this (judging by the other thread) but do we have an update for you on the service status checker currently?

Looking at the other thread also, I notice some people quoting refund values, have you received any refund from Virgin Media? It might be worth knowing that we're part of Ofcom's crediting scheme

Since your post on Saturday have there been any improvements to the service? Have you been able to speak to a member of our team in regards to this issue?

David_Bn

0 Kudos
shabbadoof
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

There is still nothing listed on the status checker and we had no internet for about 80% of yesterday with the router still endlessly rebooting and unable to handshake

I've spoken to someone via LiveChat who said there is an area outage which is why the engineer visit on Friday got cancelled however no one told me or contacted me so when I requested the £25 for the engineer not showing up me not being told the appointment had been cancelled I was told I was not eligible. 

0 Kudos
shabbadoof
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

15th June and we still have no working Internet

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi shabbadoof,

I'm really sorry that your broadband issues are ongoing. There is currently an SNR fault raised in your area under reference F007171180. This has an estimated fix time of 4pm on 19th June, I can see that engineers have attended the site and have completed a number of actions to attempt to fix the network problem. I can certainly appreciate the frustration and inconvenience this may have caused. The team are continuing to work towards a final resolution as swiftly as possible.

Regarding your earlier comments, if an area issue is identified any individual engineer appointments in the area would be cancelled to allow the network team to clear the fault. This is to avoid unnecessary visits as any affected customers would have their services restored by the area fix. We would always endeavour to notify any affected customers with as much notice as possible, I do apologise if you did not receive this contact on this occasion. Have you ensured that we have the correct contact details on file?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos