Menu
DebB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Email contact? Botched install today, 30 mins on hold

We are currently away but had Virgin Ultimate oomph installed today, I left all cables and connections ready for the engineer and my daughter who is very technical was there during the engineers visit.

Engineer left with

1. no working TV picture , he said TiVo box has wrong aspect ratio and we need to change it with another TV

2. No working telephone line, he said we need to contact Virgin to get the number moved from BT, I did request this with my order why wasn’t this done today??

3. The 500mbps speed promised is only 280, using Speedtest.net actually slower than the previous 350 we had last year.

I tried calling Virgin but was on hold for over 30 mins, is there any way I can contact Virgin via chat or email ?
We urgently need to sort the telephone before BT cut us off at the end of the week. I’m not at home but it doesn’t sound like this install is normal? Surely he could have got the TV working? I can’t be the only one with a 4K hdtv? 
Appreciate any help..

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email contact? Botched install today, 30 mins on hold

does not sound good - only thing i can comment on is the speed - is that a wired or wifi speed test

to the rest lets ask

@ModTeam any chance someone can pick this up please - its new but the phone thing needs looking at urgently

Tony
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Item 1 is nonsense. Unless there is a serious fault in the TV which you would already be aware of, it should be perfectly possible to set up the aspect ratio.

Item 2 may be because of a delay in transferring the number. It's not always done on the day. 

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi DebB,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I'm truly sorry to hear about what has happened. 

I will private message you so we can discuss this further. 

^Martin

DebB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply it did seem odd to hear he left with no working picture. I can sort that when we return but the phone worries me. Hopefully they can get our number transferred.

0 Kudos
DebB
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Martin I have sent a reply.

0 Kudos