cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elogible for quickstart, however no wall socket

Nadeem903
Joining in

Hello all 👋 

So I recently ordered a M100 Fibre broadband box and selected collection because it said I could set it up myself, upon collection I checked my house to find no wall socket, am I eligible for a free installation via technician and will I be billed? (I have only connected the box to a power supply before packing it all up)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Look outside your property for a brown/white VM Omnibox. From there a cable will come out and enter your property probably through a hole drilled through the masonary. Trace the cable from box to entry point and then look on the interior wall at that position. Is there any evidence of a cable coming in there.

They sometimes get concealed, decorated over or even removed by a previous occupant.

If there is nothing obvious to connect to, call the installations team on 0800 052 1734 and get the manned install - you shouldnt get billed - but who knows !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Some properties do not have a socket, only a trailing cable. Look outside for the VM omnibox and trace the cables inside. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Look outside your property for a brown/white VM Omnibox. From there a cable will come out and enter your property probably through a hole drilled through the masonary. Trace the cable from box to entry point and then look on the interior wall at that position. Is there any evidence of a cable coming in there.

They sometimes get concealed, decorated over or even removed by a previous occupant.

If there is nothing obvious to connect to, call the installations team on 0800 052 1734 and get the manned install - you shouldnt get billed - but who knows !

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Nadeem903,

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding your QuickStart installation. I would be happy to change your self-installation to a manned-installation for you, at no extra cost. I will send you a private message to obtain the details required now. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can.

Best wishes,

Serena

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nadeem903

Thanks for joining us on PM.

Just to update the thread, the engineer visit has been booked in.

It can be tracked and or altered in your online account

Let us know how the visit goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Nadeem903

Please don't send a PM unless asked 🙂 

The engineer visit has been booked so go off the time and date mentioned in the PM sent. They'll be able to sort this out for you.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill