cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eligible for new hub but won't let me order online. I am not calling.

GuyIncognito
Tuning in

As title.  I still have the superhub 1.  Virgin site says I'm eligible for an new hub but will not let me complete the order online.

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM staff member will pick up your post and be able to arrange it for you.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Hopefully Tudor will be proved right. However, I have noticed thet there a few recent threads where the VM staff are reluctant to go that route straight away - preferring to first determine whether the SH1 is actually faulty. Whereas before the great VM Hub3/4 shortage of 2021 - they would swap them in heartbeat.

So is yours actually faulty? If so how? Are you sure that there is no network connection issue? If not and you just want better equipment, then another (better) option is to stick the SH1 into modem mode and get your own better router and wireless equipment. If you would like to do that, then £40 should sort it - this would be a quantum leap better than an SH1.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Archer-C6-Wireless-Supports-Parental/dp/B07L5YRYF4/

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I've always used the SH1 in modem mode.  My router stopped working today and I logged in to VM to check my service status.  I'll probably just buy a new router.

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @GuyIncognito, and I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to update the hub online.

This is likely due to the package you being subscribed to being no longer available for re-sale/re-contracting, therefore it may mean our team need to build a new package for you, whilst then also updating the hub in the process.

If you're still keen on having the superhub 1 replaced, please give our team a call on 0345 454 1111 and we'll seek to address this for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn