cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Please enter valid captcha

rseminariom
Joining in

Hello,

I am unable to create a new account even though I am putting in the correct info such as my account number and area code as the form always says 'Please enter valid captcha' even though I have ticked it. I have tried in Google Chrome and MS Edge.

I will appreciate any advice to address issue.

Sincerely,

Roberto

16 REPLIES 16

tomtom2323
Joining in

I have the same, I am new customer. Still cannot create My Virgin Media account since 05. 2021 😕

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rseminariom,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you have had in trying to register an online account. 

Can you confirm if you have cleared the cookies and cache on either browser and tried this again?

After you get the error message do you get a new set of images for captcha?

^Martin

Cookies/cache cleared,

I do not have new set of image after valid message 😕

Thanks for any help.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @tomtom2323,

Thank you for the update.

Please can you try using a different browser?

Let me know how this goes. 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Hayley_S,

I used Edge / Chrome / Opera / Firefox the same thing all the time. PC and phone (Android), the same everywhere.

My email has been used for 9 years before, I came back to Virgin after 3 years, I have a different account number (the previous one has expired), could this have something to do?

Regards

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tomtom2323,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Can I out of curiosity whether the ReCaptcha error appears when you are using mobile data?

Thanks,

Kain

My dad is having the same error. We've tried lots of different browsers, different computers, tablets and phones. Even tried the app. Always get the Catcha error, although obviously the error isn't the Captcha because that completes OK. 

A google search suggests that this error has been happening for many months.

Hi @PaulOckenden,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear you're having a bit of trouble with the CAPTCHA feature when accessing your online account. You should be able to access it via the My Virgin Media app and not have to re-do it regularly. How often do you have to re-do it via the app?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks @Rach_R. 

That's not a solution, unfortunately. This thread is about signing up in the first place, and the App uses exactly the same page as the website for this, and so you get exactly the same error.