cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped kerb permission to adjust manhole

NJC73
Joining in

Hi, 

I am looking to drop my kerb to allow parking at the front of my house, I have been advised by Hampshire County Council to ask for permission to adjust said manhole and ensure it is strong enough with its owner, this is Virgin Media. 

What happens next? 

Assistance appreciated

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
can you post up a couple of photos of the "job" to help.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

wait for staff to pick up the thread but i think the council are wrong in that you cannot do work on the manhole - afaik VM or one of their contractors will have to do it

if i am correct there is a charge of a few hundred pounds for them to come and look - if they then agree to drop the manhole the bill is down to you and from other posts on here that will be in the thousands 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Tried to add pic has it worked? 

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi if virgin agree to undertake this work, which I think in the present climate is doubtful it will be very costly i have seen with the survey costs up to five figures mentioned on here. Regards Micky

whole areawhole areacovercover

Hi NJC73

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please could you PM me your full name, address and postcode and I'll reach out to your local field manager for more information concerning this

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @NJC73

Thanks for your message. I've contacted the field manager for the next steps regarding this. I'll be in touch when I know further information

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Many thanks for your reply and assistance. 

Good morning, @NJC73

I've heard back from the team. There will be a charge to move any Virgin Media equipment and they'll discuss this with you accordingly.

[MOD EDIT: Private information has been removed from this post. ]

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team