Drop outs and connection lost for weeks. >.<

mathewmoore123
Joining in

Keep getting drop outs and dropped connections, doing my head in 😞

Cable Modem StatusItem Status Comments

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

25/11/2021 20:13:7noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/11/2021 12:41:6criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/11/2021 12:03:52ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/11/2021 07:08:13Warning!RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

General Configuration

Network access
Allowed
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
Enabled
DOCSIS Mode
Docsis30
Config file
cmreg-vmdg505-bbt053-b.cm

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID3306
Max Traffic Rate575000000
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID3305
Max Traffic Rate38520000
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst16320
Scheduling TypeBestEffort
16 REPLIES 16

Hi Mathew,

Thanks for reaching back out, how are things now, I have done some checks our end and everything is looking in the green, no errors or area issues, if you are still facing issues please let us know and I will be happy to help further?

Regards

Paul.

Is the test directly on my line? Ever since I had in installed my ping has been like 18 25 29 20 29 constantly changing non stop every day. It's not stable, every so often it's spiking to 300s. The only thing I can guess, is when the installer came when we moved in, he used an old wire sticking out the wall that had been there a long time, instead of installing new cables etc. Could this cause ping instability and video game connection drop-outs?

Is the test directly on my line? Ever since I had in installed my ping has been like 18 25 29 20 29 constantly changing non stop every day. It's not stable, every so often it's spiking to 300s. The only thing I can guess, is when the installer came when we moved in, he used an old wire sticking out the wall that had been there a long time, instead of installing new cables etc. Could this cause ping instability and video game connection drop-outs?

It could - My last issue (low RxMER) was caused by knackered cabling that was from the omnibox to the inside of the house!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Good Afternoon @mattewmoore123, can you please update us on the status of the services?

Are the connection issues restricted to Wi-Fi? 

The stats of the hub are within spec, but it does appear that there may be some issues with a Wi-Fi connection.

Do you have any devices close to the hub that could be connected via an Ethernet cable?

Kindest regards,

David

Currently okay David,

But the ping spikes randomly happen and I'm not sure how your ping spiking to 300 ms is within spec or how your ping never ever sitting at like a stable number for more than 3 seconds is in within spec either,

I suspect this is caused by the installer choosing to use an old cable in the wall rather than have to add anything to the property at all,

There were no additions of faceplates or wires inside or out whatsoever, he just used an existing cruddy co-aux cable that looked like it's been there since the 90s,

Is it my best bet to call Virgin and ask them to have an installer re-do/check it?

The gentleman was very nice, however, it was during the lockdown and he was very keen to do as little as he could and leave as soon as he could, understandably as it was peak lockdown.

Thanks.

I'm sorry to hear this @mathewmoore123

Our checks do monitor the connection directly to the Hub rather than WiFi.

Can you clarify if the issues you are noticing are occurring on a WiFi or a wired connection? 

If WiFi are you able to connect a device via an Ethernet and check the connection again?

Thank you.