cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop Kerb With CATV Cover

Zippy87
Tuning in

Hello all,

There is a double CATV Cover outside my property. I have called numerous times to the VM contact information provided in my LA consent pack, always to no avail.

Since its been more than a year I now have to pay again to reapply for consent. How can it be so difficult to get hold of someone in VM regarding these matters? I have no problem contacting VM regarding my services over the last 4.5 years with them.

Please can someone point me in the right direction? 

Regards,

31 REPLIES 31

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff will provide contact details for the Network Assets team when they get round to the post.  You'll have to commit to pay about £250 for VM to do a survey, and then they give you a quote.  Whilst you might get a reasonable quote, it seems that as a general rule the quoted costs of this sort of job are prohibitive, possibly as much as £15k.  Sometimes those quotes are probably genuinely cost-based, other times they may be simply to put customers off (but if they do pay, at least VM make a 50% margin).  

Hi Andrew-G,

Thank you for the insight. I can stomach the survey costs, but I would hope for a reasonable quote since I don't need it moved and probably adjusted minimally to increase the already existing gradient in the footpath. Here's hoping.

Thanks again,

Regards.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's not just a matter of adjusting the cover plate. The plate rests on top of a chamber that supports it around the edges, and houses the cables. The chamber will need to be altered to accommodate the new angle and/or height of the surrounding surface. And if the chamber was not designed to take the weight of vehicles it will have to be completely rebuilt. The Council will insist that it meets standard specifications. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Zippy87, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We can certainly get this sent over to the relevant teams for you but we will need to confirm some information with you first. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @Zippy87

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have forwarded your details over to the relevant teams for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Kath,

Thank you for that.

Tom

Hi Zippy87, 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

Just to let you know the teams are aware that you're looking to book the initial survey. 

They will be in touch with you in the next few days to give you further information and a instructions on how to make payment. 

Any further contact regarding this should be made directly with them. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Zippy87, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message on this one. 

I can only apologise that no one has been in touch yet. I have chased this with the teams today. As soon as I have a reply from them, I will come back to you. 

Apologies once again. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi Zippy87, 

Just wanted to pop you an update. The team have come back to me today and advised that the person assigned to your previous request is out of the office so we have someone else looking in to this for you now. 

I'm expecting an update either later on today or tomorrow. Once I have one, I'll come back to you. 

Thanks again for your patience. 

Kath_F
Forum Team