cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drilling and site survey

Paul1988
Joining in

Hi, 

I have nearly finished renovation to my house and need to understand how Virgin will bring cables into the house. I need a site survey done before my appointment on Friday to install. However, I am unable to speake to anyone and have to resort to this forum. I have a semi-detached house. Please advise how the lines will be brought in. 

Thanks,

Paul

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The usual way is to run cable from your "tee" point (usually on the pavement between the 2 semi's) across your property (garden/drive/etc) to a point on your exterior wall where they will mount a grey/brown "Omnibox". From there they will run a cable to the point you want to site the Hub and drill a hole through the external wall and then fit a small wall plate/socket to the interior wall for connection.  Investigate what any neighbour's connections look like

Are you getting TV as well as BB? If so what TV box and how many? - as these need a splitter connection to that cable

Either way - ensure you are there when they come to fit it otherwise it may not end up as you like it

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi,

Thanks for the insight. Just installing Broadbrand. I suppose I will just have to wait for engineer to come and see what they say.

Paul

Hi Paul1988,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
The engineer on the day will be more than happy to discuss the best possible route with you.

Can you please let us know how the install goes.

Gareth_L