Menu
Sbarlow21
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Dreadful Service

My box arrived yesterday. Followed the instructions. would not "verify" despite confirmation that "signal" for start has been sent. Called the "help" line. Spoke to 5 Indian gentlemen over almost 60 minutes. 2 from Customer "service", 2 from technical, 1 from the Installation team called Alan. Alan told me that he had reset the whole thing and signal had been sent and I should wait until I got a text Message. Got message. tried the set up. Same problem - all good but will not verify. So waited another 4 hours and tried again. Same. Shambolic. Now on the mobile waiting to speak to the next joker, who will assure me yet again that it will work. Was also told that I would not be charged for the tv services until it was up and running. Which is not what it says in the contract. I told him this. He said this was not the case. The contract was wrong apparently. That chap was called Mohammad. 

Unless it starts to work tomorrow, moving back to Sky. Expensive but at least they deliver the service and don't make stuff up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dreadful Service

Any error code?

Are you sure you have the V6 connected both to the co-ax cable and your broadband Superhub?

Which Superhub do you have and how is the V6 connected to it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sbarlow21,

Thank you for getting in touch. 

I am very sorry to hear about the issues with the activation of your new equipment. 

Are you able to confirm if you are getting an error message when you load up the box?

Has any of the service activated since your last post to us?

Could you also please confirm that all connections are secure into the box?

Thanks, 

Nat
0 Kudos
Sbarlow21
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

All connections are secure. Error code is C219. Have tried this innumerable times. Spent hours on it. Your service should be called disservice. Instead of asking me this inane questions, may I suggest that you START THE SIGNAL SO THAT THE SERVICE WORKS OR OFFER TO SEND AN ENGINEER WITHOUT COST TO ME TO FIX IT?

It should be apparent to the meanest of intelligence that Virgin has fallen down here. Either put it right or cancel the TV service. And let me know which you choose or I will.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Despite your disappointing attitude, I can advise that C219 errors are usually caused by the customer failing to make the co-ax connection (believing only a home network connection is required) or that there is a downstream break in the co-ax connection.

The former can obviously be corrected by the customer; the latter requires a home visit by Virgin Media.

Questions are a necessary part of any problem determination process.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Sbarlow21.

We try to get a better understanding of the issue in order to establish what is needed to fix it.

I am having trouble locating your account from your community details so I have sent you a private message. The message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of the page. 

Thanks 

Nat
0 Kudos
Sbarlow21
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ernie, does the co-axial cable connect to the wifi box? i.e. the V6 box is connected by way of a line connection (cf a wifi connection) to the router?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We are talking a cable network service.

Every piece of Virgin Media equipment requires connected to a cable outlet.

The current TV box, the V6, in addition requires a connection to the broadband router, the Hub 3.0, either by Ethernet (direct Ethernet cable or via powerline adapters) or by WiFi.

This should all be evident from the installation guide you should have received as part of your Quickstart installation kit.

0 Kudos