Menu
Cazette
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Downtime Compensation

Hi,

I got my QuickStart box on Wednesday 14th for Broadband Only. I set it up on the same day but could not connect and have had to call out an engineer. Long story short, there was a technical fault in the box at the end of the street and it’s all fixed now, but my partner and I both work with a heavy dependence on the internet, so have had to use our mobile phones to get any work done. This has completely drained our data allowances and we’ve had to buy package upgrades while we waited for the engineer. 

I’d like to know if Virgin offer anything to compensate for extra costs like that, which come as a result of issues?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Downtime Compensation

Hi Cazette,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums and also Virgin Media. 

This isn't the ideal start we'd want you to have and I am sorry for that.

We don't offer compensation for loss of earnings or any data top up's I'm afraid. 

I am glad everything is sorted, but if you need any further assistance, please let me know.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Cazette
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Okay no problem, thanks for the swift reply!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You're more than welcome. Have a good weekend 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos