cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream power levels low - needs boosting

Gerry_Atric
Dialled in

Hello

I've noticed that my downstream power levels for 24 channels currently range from -2.4 dBmV to -10.2 dBmV. I know the hot weather has made things slightly worse, but I am worried that these power levels will eventually cause me to lose the service which I rely on very heavily.

Is it possible for a VM technician to boost the power levels by say +6 dBmV at the cabinet? 

The cables are all secure and I haven't seen any visible signs of damage, I have checked.

I am not sure how all this works so any advice would be appreciated. I did read the helpful sticky'd guide in the forum about acceptable power levels and it does appear -10.2 dBmV has gone beyond the acceptable! 

I'm actually surprised it's still working. But the question is, for how much longer?

11 REPLIES 11

Hi again

I just wanted to provide an update to confirm that the technician visited earlier and all is right again!

My connection at the cabinet needed moving up to the highest tap to ensure the downstream power levels were corrected. The power levels are looking great now.

The technician was very thorough and friendly, he got the job done quickly and efficiently. 

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help and especially to Corey for arranging the appointment for today.

I hope this helps anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation. 

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey Gerry_Atric,

That's great news! Really appreciate you dropping by with an update and so glad things are resolved with the help of Corey and our engineer 🙂

Do drop back to the forums if there's ever anything we can help with in the future.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide