cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrading from package to BB only

tylerbee93
Joining in

Long story short I had a Virgin Media package with everything included. I’ve recently downgraded to BB only and want to know if I can disconnect the splitter and use the main cable to connect to my Hub 3.0 or do I need to just put up with the loose cable that WAS for the TiVo box

2 REPLIES 2

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

maybe is the best answer - removing the splitter will change the levels to the hub - they are not an exact figure so if by removing the splitter they are still in limit then all should be fine

post the levels with the splitter in the circuit and after removing it and you will get comment

the downstream need to be -6 +10 and the upstream below 50

log into hub3 - 192.168.0.1 [or 192.168.100.1 if in modem mode] - DON'T SIGN IN, click - click router status [centre of screen] - and post the downstream and upstream figures - to see those press on the grey buttons/boxes labelled - upstream - downstream

if its an earlier hub button is top right

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hey @tylerbee93,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums.

There shouldn't be an issue with removing it but I would follow the advice that @-tony- has provided above, post the levels before and after and the community or a team member such as myself would be able to advise further.

Regards,

Steven_L