cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don’t have a virgin media wall socket

BarbaraHalasz
Tuning in

I have received my kit and thought I could do a quick set up, but turns out I can’t. How do I book an engineer now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain the situation.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Client62
Legend

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain the situation.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will usually only supply a Quickstart to a property that had VM previously.

You can also check for a loose cable as not all properties have a socket. Look outside for a brown or grey VM box on the wall and trace the cable to the inside. If it is a loose cable only, you will need one of these to connect the Quickstart cable. https://www.diy.com/departments/slx-f-type-satellite-cable-coupler/5028422001905_BQ.prd
Try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you but I found only the talk talk wall socket.

how can I book an VM engineer online?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As @Client62  noted;

Try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi BarbaraHalaz, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear that there is no longer a Virgin Media wall socket in your property. We can certainly get an engineer visit booked for you to come and install things however we'll need to confirm your address details to ensure it's being booked on the correct account. 

I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi BarbaraHalasz, 

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once you log in scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to pass data protection and confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change or cancel your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment. If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I didn’t see my appointment with the engineer in the myVM I checked at the app but I didn’t see there either. Can you send me rhe details , please?