cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the left hand not talk to the right hand

Nick-paradigm
Joining in

Lost another afternoons work waiting for someone to come and install a cable from the street to the front of my house and yet again, another engineer turned up expecting this to be done and again , I get "not my job mate" 

How hard is it to organise this? I dont have a cable to my house but a couple of guys turned up with their pretty little spray can and squirted green paint on the floor two weeks ago and then someone else turned up and fitted a nice little  access on the pavement by the green paint.

I have test messages from the online chat saying that they know I need a cable pull which was meant to be done yesterday but no one turned up.

How do I go about cancelling this as if this is what its like before it goes in, what the hell will it be like if it goes wrong?

3 REPLIES 3

FrankRomano
Joining in

This originates from the Bible, Matthew 6:3 (King James Version): But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.  "If you should ever be betrayed into any of these philanthropies, do not let your left hand know what your right hand does, for it is not worth knowing."

kindlepci
Just joined

Lost another afternoons work waiting for someone to come and install a cable from the street to the front of my house and yet again, another engineer turned up expecting this to be done and again , I get "not my job mate"

How hard is it to organise this? I dont have a cable to my house but a couple of guys turned up with their pretty little spray can and squirted green paint on the floor two weeks ago and then someone else turned up and fitted a nice little access on the pavement by the green paint.

I have test messages from the online chat saying that they know I need a cable pull which was meant to be done yesterday but no one turned up.

kindle app

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There are two jobs which need to be done.

1. A 2-man team pulls a cable from the cabinet to the pavement Tee, usually done a few days before installation. You do not need to be at home.

2. A tech come round to do the installation. You do need to be at home.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection