cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know the company VM outsource cable pulling to?

TimColl1
On our wavelength

It would be so good to speak to someone who actually knows what's going on with my pre-installation...

6 REPLIES 6

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Even VM dont usually know! Installation is a communications omnishambles. There will be 3d party teams, VM's pre-pull and installation teams and if "digging" is required - your local council is in control !

Is there anything showing on your notes in the online account.

Or contact the Pre-installation and delivery team - they may have more info? On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I'm getting that feeling too...nothing that i can see, but all I see is that the date keeps moving... no reasons as to why 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is often because there is a blocked duct somewhere that requires them to dig the road/pavemnt somewhere between the street cab and your property. That usually shows on your account somewhere in VM Cryptocode as..... "NaNaNaNa" (no.. me neither!)

If its that, then the local council needs to approve that work, and I "think" they co-ordinate with the 3d party diggers - I dont know how quickly your lot do that - but most wade through treacle.

The council does usually post advance notice of all digging work like this on its website. Allows for "objections" and local residents to make provision for disruption

So may be worth a look on yours to see if the work has been approved and scheduled near your property - or indeed may have completed and they are on to the next stage.

Worth a look

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

One.network (https://one.network/) website usually shows impending approved public footpath and carriage way works that are coming up over the next two weeks.

Community fibre are currently installing in my immediate area and there are plenty of works approved by the local council shown 

may (or may not) help you to see if any works are imminent 

TimColl1
On our wavelength

Thanks - sadly we are not on there but fingers crossed eh?? (he says very doubtfully) 

@jbrennand FYI NaN stands for ‘ not a number’ It’s a data validation thing, there should be a number there ie a date but it’s blank and the website doesn’t know what to do with it.

@TimColl1 Start looking for an alternative broadband supplier. Ask yourself this, iI VM are this incompetent at getting your connection setup, the what will they be like if you have issues in the future?