cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does a credit check for broadband affect credit score

jayeketi
Joining in

Hi i just want to check whether your credit check whether your credit checks affect credit score

If it is a hard check or soft check

And if it shows up to potential lenders such as mortgage lenders etc

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Here is some useful information

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/credit-checking-policy.html#:~:text=We%20are%20entitle....

I'm not 100% whether it is a hard or a soft credit check however. Have you ordered your bundle already?

If not I can arrange an agent to call you just to clarify whether it is a hard or soft before hand.

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No Lenders shouldn't be able to see these. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
unless your credit score is very very bad it will not make an impact even if it did show

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there

Here is some useful information

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/credit-checking-policy.html#:~:text=We%20are%20entitle....

I'm not 100% whether it is a hard or a soft credit check however. Have you ordered your bundle already?

If not I can arrange an agent to call you just to clarify whether it is a hard or soft before hand.

Thanks

Christy

Hi thanks for the speedy response and yes we have already ordered it the agent on the phone said it's a soft check and it already went through just being cautious as i have a new mortgage and don't want it to look bad to the banks.

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You should be ok with it being a soft check. If you have too many soft searches in a short time period this can impact credit. 

Thanks

Christy

Thank you will this check come up to potential lenders 

Christy_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No Lenders shouldn't be able to see these.