cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodgy outside cabling

s88urd
Dialled in

Hi, I have just signed up for virgin media again at a new property. I went through the order process and didnt take the forward thinking to check external cabling.

After checking I can see the brown cable box is completely smashed and non existant, the cable itself is wrapped around a external gas pipe with other stranded cable wrapped around it.

Is there any way I can get someone to come and take a look/sort this out before my go live date?

7 REPLIES 7

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi if you are having an engineer install they will look at this and make sure all works, if not you will need to phone and organise an engineer. Regards Micky

Hiya, no its a self install option I went for 😞

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you can change it to tech install - think that might add an install cost of £35 or wait until you get into the property and do the self install and then book a tech to sort out the external box etc - that will be free

Tony.
Sacked VIP

ok cool, my partner is already living at the property (tenants before her broke the box) is there anyone from VM on here who could message me so I can arrange to get it replaced?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

just wait for VM to get to the thread they can book a tech - they will want details from the account holder - dont post any personal info wait for them to pich the thread up or ring and book it as a fault - again you will need the account holder details

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Cheers Tony, im the account holder so ill wait for them to pick up on this thread

Hi s88urd, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that the omni is damaged, and will send you a private message to get this resolved. - Chris.