cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Docsis 3.1 & Gig1

MysticalWizzard
On our wavelength

So we had the text that our services might be imminent over the course of the 11th (yesterday) due to network upgrades (only got cut off for about 45 minutes so not bad) but I’ve noticed on my Hub 4 stats we’ve now got a Docsis 3.1 channel as well as the Docsis 3.0 channels which is all we had previously. 

Now 3.1 is setup in our area (31) does anyone know when I can order Gig1 now? (Currently on M600 with x3 TV360 boxes) 

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone up the upgrades line and see if it's offered.  Judging by reports from other customers, it only goes live with sales when a sufficiently large area is enabled, so you may yet find that agents are telling you it is not available yet even though your CMTS has been upgraded.  And as an existing customer you should expect to pay a chunky premium for 1 Gbps when it is available, only you will know what benefits you expect to see, and whether the extra cost is worthwhile.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Phone up the upgrades line and see if it's offered.  Judging by reports from other customers, it only goes live with sales when a sufficiently large area is enabled, so you may yet find that agents are telling you it is not available yet even though your CMTS has been upgraded.  And as an existing customer you should expect to pay a chunky premium for 1 Gbps when it is available, only you will know what benefits you expect to see, and whether the extra cost is worthwhile.

Done a live chat just now and they’ve told me to contact them again tomorrow and their system should be updated to order Gig1. 

The upgrade has been done as I’d noticed but just waiting on their system to update to order it. 

Cheers @Andrew-G

———————————————————-
Ultimate Oomph Customer Since 2021, Virgin TV 360 (x1 Main & x2 Mini), Gig1 (Hub 4) + Netflix add-on

Use the postcode checker, just done it for my address and I can now get Gig1. VM hasn't offered the upgrade to me, but its marketing isn't too good.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@MysticalWizzard wrote:

Done a live chat just now and they’ve told me to contact them again tomorrow and their system should be updated to order Gig1. 

The upgrade has been done as I’d noticed but just waiting on their system to update to order it. 

Cheers @Andrew-G

Hate I’ve quoted myself, but as the advisor said Gig1 was available to order today 👍

———————————————————-