cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to be home for installation access if there is a 24hr concierge with keys on site?

ChrisHoward
Joining in

Hi all - my partner and I have bought an apartment in a block that is tied with Virgin (all apartments are Virgin Internet). Our internet install date is tomorrow morning but we have not fully moved in to the new property yet (no furniture until next week!) - do we need to personally be on site for any reason during the installation or is that purely to grant access to our apartment? The property has a 24hr concierge who (with our permession) can let the installer into our apartment (we had carpets fitted earlier this week without us being on site as we are not close by).

We can be there if 100% needed but will avoid the unnecessary early morning trip if all that's required is access to our apartment, as the concierge can facilitate that.

Any advice?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe anybody can oversee the installation as long as they are over 18.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I believe anybody can oversee the installation as long as they are over 18. Written permission for the technician would be a good idea.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ChrisHoward,

Welcome to Virgin Media and the Community Forums!

I'm so sorry we didn't get to your post in time. As we haven't heard from you further, we hope the installation went ahead without any issues?

If you do still need any help please just give us a shout 😊

Thank you

Beth