Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Do I need a wallbox?

I have a cable from the Virgin exterior box leading into the house, howevever no wall box. I think it was removed when we moved in a few years ago.

Can I simply add a connector on the end and then plug into the hub without using a wallbox? I've only signed up for broadband and phone. No TV subscription so no need to split the connection.

Really hoping there is a workaround to this as I don't want to have to wait to get a VM technician out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Do I need a wallbox?

Yup, you sure you can.

As long as you are happy with a connection that may or may not work and introduce noise, messing up everyone on the nodes signal. You also would be missing an isolator.

</sarcasm>

If you are competent with such things, TBF you aint going to break anything or make matters worse by crimping on an F connector and plumbing it in yourself, but you will still be missing an isolator.

So

officially- leave it alone-wait for an engineer.

unofficially, an F connector and plumbing it in yourself is unlikely to be worse than an un terminated internal cable just hanging there. But you'll still want the engineer to do it properly as soon as...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need a wallbox?

I've tried an F-Connector but it's not working. Now trying to get an engineer out which is proving difficult with everything going on at the moment 😞

0 Kudos