Menu
Marcdr94
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do I need a engineer

Okay so I’m new too virgin I’ve ordered a QuickStart I collect it today from my local shops.

problem is I will be plugging it into a openreach will this work or do I need a engineer.

if so, how do I order a engineer and also will I have too pay.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Do I need a engineer

It won't work with Openreach sockets. VM's network is completely separate. What ever made you think that Openreach sockets would work? VM would not have sent a QS pack unless your home had VM installed in the past. You should have the VM sockets. Look for them.

If you do need a tech visit call VM on o345 454 1111 and arrange - probably free if the installed VM sockets in your home don't work. But they must be there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Marcdr94
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I feel stupid now but I’ve found the box it was in one of the bedrooms 

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Probably not where you want the installation to be. If you want it moved contact VM, but the work is chargeable - £99 for a non-fault call out. If you had spotted this before you ordered you could have asked for a tech to install and move the box - free, or just the lower installation charge.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If your quick and tell customer services (8am tomorrow morning is probably the best time now) they might be able to send an engineer out for £35 instead, if you tell them you just ordered and don't have a wall socket in a suitable location. 

If you delay, you'll be charged £99 to change it. 

0 Kudos