cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a HUB 4 for M500?

Luqybb91
Dialled in

Yesterday I upgraded BB from M350 to M500 for free using VM's Livechat service, the problem is, the customer service rep thinks I have the Hub 5, because I recently activated then deactivated my Hub 5 reverting back to the Hub 3 due to telephone issues. I explained all of this to him, but all he did was confirm the upgrade saying it'll be live in 24hrs and then referred me to a chat bot to sort out my telephone issues, never heard from him again.

I assume I am on the M500 package now but I haven't noticed a difference when doing a speed test on Ookla.com. Is the Hub 3 even capable of 500mbps? should I be getting a Hub 4? or should I just wait until the telephone issues are resolved on the Hub 5 and then have it reinstalled and activated?

6 REPLIES 6

jem101
Superstar

The Hub 3 is capable yes, but because of the obvious mismatch between what VM's offshore customer services think and reality, it's quite possible that the upgrade was targeted at the, now disconnected Hub 5 rather than the 3 - basically it may not have gone through at all.

If you log into the Hub 3, one of the status tab windows does display what speed the hub has been provisioned for.

John

Which of these three tables show my internet speed?

[Cable Modem Status]  [Item Status]  [Comments]

Acquired Downstream Channel (Hz)
Ranged Upstream Channel (Hz)
Provisioning State

Primary Downstream Service Flow

SFID368576
Max Traffic Rate402500089
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0

Primary Upstream Service Flow

SFID368575
Max Traffic Rate38500089
Max Traffic Burst42600
Min Traffic Rate0
Max Concatenated Burst42600
Scheduling TypeBest Effort

Second table

Max Traffic Rate : 402500089

As I suspected, you're still on the 350 Mb/s tier.

Can someone on here switch it over to my Hub 3, or do I need to go through customer services again?

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to call in if you are in a hurry, otherwise it's usually one or two days for a VM Mod to pick this up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Luqybb91

Thanks for posting. Apologies for the confusion over the upgrade. We're not able to process upgrades from here. Please either give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 or send us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further. Text replies are not instant and are automated at the start to get you through to the right team.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill