Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Disappointed

Iv just signed up to virgin fist time with them always has sky when I phoned up I told them what kind of package I was lo for that works for my family I got told yes we have what your looking for and put us on a package to then find out once installation it wasn’t what we asked for 

when I phoned up to ask about it I had a rude man being very snappy with me and saying he couldn’t help and to phone back in a couple of days I tried to asked him questions as this was my first time with virgin to then have him but the phone down on me before I’d even finished asking about how things work 

i then phoned again a few days later to once again say what I was after that would be best for my family and what we watch to them be told that the package I was on didn’t come with the kids channels

( I have 4 kids that’s was one of the main things I asked for and I got told that the package I’m on was the best and what I was looking for  )

to then be told I have to pay extra for the channels I wanted they was no help they didn’t tell me about other packages they had  that would be best for us they just put us on a package and then told me that it has everything I asked for it didn’t far from it so now I’m getting charged more for something they said I all ready had 

then today I find out that they have added more cost on to my installation fee my first bill will be just over £270 I mean come on that madness I was spoke to like rubbish had the phone put down on me and then lied to when I asked about package and then they gave me one that I wouldn’t watch most of the stuff 

disappointed that they can treat new customers like this and charge them the earth when they promised a package and then gave me a different one

it feels more I phone I don’t get anywhere I’m now thinking if this is how they treat people I might leave virgin and go back to sky as virgin is very hard work to try and talk to someone they wouldn’t even put me through to there complaints department or let me talk to a manager

shameful and very disappointed with virgin   

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Disappointed

if you are within 14 days you are free to cancel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I’m going to phone them today and tell tell that I’m thinking of leaving and the reasons why I can’t get over how they can charge extra for something you asked for them get lied to saying yep this is the right package for you to find out it’s not what we asked for well lesson learned  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

the first bill is usually more than the 1 month fee.
don't assume it's because you are being over-charged.

one should always check what you are signing up for is what you actually want. you wouldn't buy a car based solely on what the salesperson said, you would check it out for yourself.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

They have me the amount of the first month bill but it’s now gone up nearly 70 pound for no reason given by them 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holliehox82, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that your bill has gone up without being told why, this ins't good. 

I'm confident we can get to the bottom of it so I'd advise giving us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 and we'll take it from there. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Wise owl
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

@Emma_C wrote:

Hi Holliehox82, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry that your bill has gone up without being told why, this ins't good. 

I'm confident we can get to the bottom of it so I'd advise giving us a call on 150/0345 454 1111 and we'll take it from there. 

Let us know how you get on. 

With the greatest respect, Emma_C, that isn't very helpful is it.

The OP has explained that she has already phoned several times and not been able to resolve the problems, so she needs better advice than just to phone yet again.  Can't you actually help her?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Absolutely right! IF you get a reply from some of the very very good 'volunteer' inputters on this Forum you can get some excellent help. The 'Official VM' inputters just seem to replicate the VM telephone help service … 'kick the can down the road' / 'pass it on to someone else' and I assume just hope it goes away - without any more help! The VM support is bad and getting worse - IF that is possible! The next stage is non-existent! … ZvnK ...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holliehox82,

My apologies for what has happened.

I will private message you now to look into this.

^Martin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Iv phone 3 times  and asked to explain thing to me and they have put the phone down on me all 3 times and I’m still no wiser 

i told them what we wanted got given a different package then getting charged more 

iv asked them to explain to me what the bill charges was but again the put phone down 

really bad customer service and wow how they can just add and charge what they want with out telling me 

0 Kudos