cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing install date

boothycraig
Joining in

I ordered virgin services around two weeks ago and got my installation date for 16.09.23.

The pre-install team turned up yesterday and said that external works would need to be done, or they would have to use BT ducting to get the cable to my house.

Since then the installation date has vanished from the app, along with the order.

No one has been in touch so I don't know if the order has been cancelled or what is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi boothycraig,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that your installation has been delayed, If any issues are found with the network leading to your home, we may need to delay the installation to allow the external works to be completed before we can complete the job.

We'll be more than happy to check your account notes and find out when your installation date has been moved too.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details, click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

goslow
Alessandro Volta

You might possibly be in for a long wait. Read through the other 'delayed installation' topics on here to get an idea of how things might play out.

Have you captured a record of that original installation date somewhere? That will be important for claiming any compensation you might be due for the delay.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Keep detailed records of everything that happens as you go along. This will help with the above.

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi boothycraig,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that your installation has been delayed, If any issues are found with the network leading to your home, we may need to delay the installation to allow the external works to be completed before we can complete the job.

We'll be more than happy to check your account notes and find out when your installation date has been moved too.

I will pop you over a private message to take some details, click on the envelope at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

I've now just received a voice message saying the construction work hasn't been done and my installation is on hold!  The construction work was completed weeks ago and all that is needed is the connection to my house from the street. Do the construction team not talk to you?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

No, they don't talk to anyone. They do the job when they get round to it. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

My apologies for the inconvenience caused with the delay @boothycraig - our team will aim to have you installed as soon as they possibly can

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

ScottMcMurray
Joining in

I am having this exact same issue. My install date was due to be 23/10/23. I have had no update or contact with VM.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If like others on here you are waiting for an outside cable to be fitted, you should follow the advice above. 

Virginmedia's sales department know whether a cable is needed for an applicant's address, but they ignore the inevitable delay when taking the order in case it puts you off from proceeding. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi @ScottMcMurray 

Sorry to hear your install has also been delayed. 

I'd suggest speaking with the Pre-Installs team on 0800 052 1734 for an update. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs