cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digger cut through cable

Dovestar
Tuning in

Our cable has been damaged during driveway construction.  We need to have it repaired properly (currently managed to get a temp fix so we at least have working landline).  The modem will not connect and I have organised an engineer visit for this coming Friday but think it maybe helpful to be able to warn the technician that it will be a cable repair fault.

Haven't been able to talk with a Virgin person which is very frustrating.  Struggling to do everything on line with a hotspot iPhone on poor signal 4G (Virgin Sim!)

Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dovestar wrote:

I had to do all the organising via the website.  We ran a bit of cat 6 to connect the phone line which has worked.  It was a temporary fix until the engineer arrives.

I'd love to know how you managed that - VM don't have any online fault reporting. Staff respond to posts on here, but otherwise you need to call in.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. The options for "I have a fault" would be the best to use.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Presumably when you arranged an engineer visit, you did so by calling VM to report your loss of service?

Who is it that's done the temporary repair?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I had to do all the organising via the website.  We ran a bit of cat 6 to connect the phone line which has worked.  It was a temporary fix until the engineer arrives.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Dovestar wrote:

I'd love to know how you managed that - VM don't have any online fault reporting. Staff respond to posts on here, but otherwise you need to call in.

150 from a VM phone, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. The options for "I have a fault" would be the best to use.

I did find and call the number and I think my call was routed through to eventually finish with a text link to book an engineer.  At no point did I talk to an actual person.  Very unsatisfactory as it feels like I’ll wait for the visit only to be told another solution will be required.