Menu
DavidKeenan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Device connected on port 3 is running at a lower speed of 10 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available

Is this a Cable fault or setup issue. Broadband speed of "Up to 200 Mbs"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device connected on port 3 is running at a lower speed of 10 Mbps and is not utilizing the full avail

sounds like a network cable fault. try a new cable between the SH and device

0 Kudos
Tudor
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Device connected on port 3 is running at a lower speed of 10 Mbps and is not utilizing the full avail

What’s the device? Have you checked if there were any updates to your device recently, check the network details on the device. Where are you getting the message quoted?

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
DavidKeenan
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have changed the cable from SH3 to devices with two new Cat5 cables. Was thinking the same it was a cable fault.
0 Kudos
DavidKeenan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tudor, I have two devices connected via ethernet Cat5 cables, my desktop computer and my laptop both of these devices are up to date in respect of connectivity. etc.,
The network details listed/information is from using the internal network Diagnostics of the Router SH3. The speed of both devices shown on the Network ethernet connectivity is showing 1.0Gps.
This the reason why I asked the question that I'm trying to get the best connection via ethernet connections, as I find the SH3 very poor over wifi. The old SH2 was a lot more effective giving out a stronger wifi connection.
0 Kudos
Tudor
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Check the network card setup on the device that is showing 10M. Sometimes I have seen devices that are set to auto running at a lower speed than the max. If the device is set at auto, try setting it to 1G data rate.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos