cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery today but not info received

HMB42
On our wavelength

Phoned by Customer Services Wednesday 28th and offered free upgrade to Hub 3.0 with self installation.   Agreed to upgrade and received text confirmation. Checked account online and order is showing there with delivery by yodel today Sat 28th between 8am and 6pm but have received nothing from Yodel with tracking info.  Message on account says with them already and will receive information but it has been saying this since order appeared on account. With no info from Yodel will I receive order today?  I'm not convinced at the moment especially after reading other posts on here.  Please advise what I can do to see what is happening with my order and how I can get hold of  a tracking number.  Thanks.  HMB42

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

helendarack
Joining in

If I were you, I would immediately start writing to their support service, as they must provide you with information about the location of your order if it does not arrive at you within the time agreed in advance. I often encountered this before I found the china post ems tracking service, and I can already track my goods myself. My friends also started using it and are very happy with this feature. I think that such a service should be in all companies for the delivery of goods since this is the only way the client is calm about the fact that he was not deceived and his goods will come to him in good health and maturity, even if not on time

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

HMB42
On our wavelength

An update:  

Been in contact with Virgin still saying they have a team on it to find parcel and will be delivered today - not convinced as Yodel have been waiting for it to be received by them since 26th August.  Been told delivery is up to 9pm tonight.  Will update tomorrow.

Unrelated to Virgin Media but I have a parcel coming from Ebay via Yodel that is due on Tuesday 31st. Yodel says they haven't received it yet either even though it was sent out on 24th August and I quote from their tracking page "24/08/21 -12:11 - With Third Party and in transit to Yodel", whatever that means.

With that in mind, my conclusion is Yodel don't update their tracking in a timely manner - if at all - and you'll likely only know when it's going to be delivered when they are in the van on their way to your house with the parcel. Then Yodel might update their tracking, long after the fact. I vaguely remember something similar to this happening in the past, if I remember correctly it may be they still haven't updated their procedures.

Just a thought anyway, hopefully I'll receive my parcel on time too 😉

HMB42
On our wavelength

An Update:

Have been on telephone and live chat contact on and off with Virgin between 8am and 4pm today trying to get an answer to what is going on.  Kept being told no issue will be delivered today by 9pm  - hasn't been. (SURPRISE, SURPRISE)  Finally was told information given by customer service rep who took my order that Saturday delivery was not an option even though account still says delivery will be today.  Have now been guaranteed delivery Monday (not convinced as Bank Holiday or first thing Tuesday morning still not convinced).  Eventually got in contact with Yodel who say they have still not received parcel according to their website. Virgin claim they do have parcel as tracking number I was given by Yodel couldn't have happened and they have just not updated their tracking system but it will be on Monday or Tuesday.  They say that their systems were updated this morning with a tracking number but I've still not received this information from Yodel.  

Virgin Customer Service have not been as helpful as they could have been with the issue and I have had a very frustrating day especially as I didn't originally ask for a new hub but was called by customer service out of the blue.  I agreed to new hub with specific delivery of Sat 28th August as this was one of the dates was offered and it fitted in with plans.  As far as I am concerned am not sure I will even receive the parcel on Mon or Tues as been told so many different things today.  Would be nice if Virgin would update delivery info to what it should be now. Will see if they will do that via chat now or in the morning.  If anyone from high up in Virgin see this post please get in touch as really am not happy with the service I have received and the information given over the last three days as kept telling them something wasn't right and was told everything OK. Well it wasn't.  Also not happy that original rep gave a delivery date option of a Saturday when I was told this afternoon that delivery on a Sat is not an option for Virgin.

Will update again when have more information.

HMB42
On our wavelength
Another Update:

According to Virgin delivery has been prioritised for Tuesday 31st (almost a week since order placed). Have now been told Yodel don't deliver on a Saturday so no idea why I was given a Sat delivery date and when asked question no specific answer given. Am still really sceptical delivery will take place as Yodel tracking has still not moved at all but have been told as there is a tracking number they have my parcel but they said this was only a booking created and no parcel received. Also online account still saying delivery Sat 28th and Virgin Media app says I have no orders at all. Asked for this to be sorted out in chat yesterday and was told everything would update within 24hours but this morning still saying the same thing. This has been a shambles. Will update again - but still think delivery will not happen. If this happens complaint and compensation will be asked for as Virgin have created all the issues.

Sorry for interjecting again.

On reading your posts I would of expected your delivery date to not be such a priority as it's an upgrade rather than a new contract from what I understand so I'd guess (correctly or not) that you still have access to your services. However, a query always helps if the research you've done shows misinformation regarding the date they gave you which you have to organise your time around so the importance that it is kept indeed makes it then become a priority 😉

Regarding Yodel, I just checked for my Ebay parcel previously mentioned and they actually updated it an hour ago - 6 days after it was apparently booked for collection - so it now says it's finally at their depot and they have now given me an estimated delivery date. Due to todays bank holiday it is 1 day later but I can live with that - if it arrives of course. Hopefully this gives you an indication of how Yodel operates if it is typical for them

(I'm actually due my Virgin Media hub 3 for a new account ordered last Friday which is due to be delivered this coming Friday but not had any info regarding tracking number yet myself and also have a query regarding the new account ongoing so hoping it gets sorted too.)

Hope you get your hub tomorrow & I get mine on Friday - all going well with my account query 😉

HMB42
On our wavelength
My delivery has now been escalated as Yodel's tracking is still saying delivery date is unavailable which hasn't changed since last Thursday. Virgin quick start manager (Ollie) is supposed to be contacting manager at Yodel today to see what is happening. I have been promised a phone call from Olli today or before 9am tomorrow morning as I think Virgin have finally realised something has gone seriously wrong (something I have been telling them since the 26th August). Will update again if I hear more.

Hello HMB42

Just a quick message to see if you have any updates yet 

Gareth_L

HMB42
On our wavelength

Hello Gareth L.

Parcel was finally delivered by Yodel on Tuesday 31st after I think someone phoned them to see what had had to my parcel as I did not receive any information about delivery from Yodel until 3.30pm on Monday 30th (4 days after pacel sent to them from Virgin).  The date on the parcel was definitely 26th August so where it was between then and 30th when Yodel claim they received it, I have no idea.  Something was definitely wrong somewhere. As soon as new Hub was delivered I set it up and it is working great at the moment.

yay - glad to see you got your hub & it works.

Got both my Ebay delivery & got my Hub 3 this morning. Unfortunately 5 hours later & the damn hub still isn't working. I have a query up in this forum about it - sheesh, nothing is easy with VM anymore for goodness sake.