cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery of hub

sbains
Joining in

Hello,

I purchased a broadband and phone package earlier today, and requested the date for my Quickstart package to arrive on the 5th September. Afterwards I received an email saying it will arrive on the 14th of September instead. This results in me not having internet for 9 days, when I need it for my daily activities. I understand there are delays for things like this, but is there any way I could please have this sent to me earlier and set it up myself later? I would extremely grateful if you could resolve this for me please.

I would also like to know if the router I am being sent is for Cable internet as that is what I would like.

Thank you

Jai

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

The sales staff will accept your requested installation date in order to make the sale. But they will not always be aware of individual circumstances that might affect installation,  such as equipment supply. You should always treat installation dates as an estimate rather than guaranteed.

If you are changing from an existing broadband supplier you should keep that on until the new connection is working to your satisfaction. 

Virgin will supply one of their standard routers suitable for the contract speed you have bought. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @sbains,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm very sorry to hear that your Quickstart parcel will not arrive at your preferred date.

As @jpeg1 stated, the installation dates can subject to product availability and potential delivery delays. We cannot always guarantee the install dates. Our team will send you a text or an email with your delivery details as soon as they can so that you can track your delivery one it's been dispatched.

I do apologise if this will cause some issues with your install date. 

Please let us know how you get on with installing your services. We're always here if you need some further assistance. 

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs