Menu
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Delivery has Failed to show

As there is no section on here and no other way to contact Virgin even by clicking on "Contact us".  The chat service is still down and the only other means of communication is text, I will post here.

I have had a text chat about non delivery of my equipment which was promised last week.  I have been told to contact by phone and was given a phone number but this I will not do as I am on mobile only and that is PAYG and the last time I contacted VM by phone I was left hanging on for more than 45 minutes.

I gave my Order ref: WS5907562 but he/she wanted a million other details and I cannot do that on my very old Nokia phone.

I have looked online and it says "It looks like you don't have any open orders!". So why do I have an email with the Order ref number on and a date of deliver if there is no open order to track??

It goes on to say "If you still can't see an order this time, contact us to find out more." So I click on the "Contact us" link and it just goes back to the same old page which says 'No chat' and gives a text number.

There are a million complaints about not being able to contact Virgin but nothing has ever been done about it.

So can someone help me please – where is my equipment ???????

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delivery has Failed to show

the obvious way to contact Virgin would be to telephone them. you'll most likely get a quicker answer than on here (which can take up to 1 week for response).
0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It can take up to a week for VM to respond here, so I think only way is to phone them.

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Blimey - your only phone contact with the outside world is an old PAYG Nokia - that's brave ! In your shoes I would gather up copies of all the paperwork, get some i.d. and jump on a bus to my nearest VM high street store and grab the manager and see if they can sort it for you - or at least let you use their phone.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

P.S. Re: Delivery has Failed to show

I only have the mobile as I used it in the car in case of breakdown or emergency.  My wife bought me a new one and we were going to go for a monthly contract and I was online looking for one when I logged into Virgin with who I have internet.

While there, Virgin popped ;up saying look at your offers, so I did and the offer is good so we ordered Tv, Phone and an upgrade to BB.

If you look at the figures, Landline phone take up is decreasing and cancellations are increasing as most people have a mobile phone.

Also if you lok at the landline rip-off and round down BT numbers to 4 million, 4 million x £20 per month that = £80,000,000 per month for a piece of wire. I know the bill has gone down recently but still, what a rip-off.

As I am on PAYG at the moment, I just can't afford to ring Virgin, as I said earlier, the last time I rang them I was kept on the line for more than 45 mins.

I asked the man via txt if they would phone me but he said an emphatic no, I have to ring them.

P.S. "Blimey - your only phone contact with the outside world is an old PAYG Nokia " - I'm hundreds of years old as well jbrennand

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: P.S. Re: Delivery has Failed to show

you are forgetting that for internet other than Virgin it's still delivered via a landline (except for the rare cases of FTTP).

anyway that is irrelevant here, you need to call CS if you want a quick response.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If you do join its worth having an old/spare mobile lying around with a PAYG VM sim in it - just for free calling to VM customer services ( put £10 credit on it & just send 1 text a month to your missus to keep it "live").

VM "landlines" for new customers now go through the hub not copper wires - often providers throw it in for free these days with offers - but you are right their days are numbered except for internet delivery

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

As there is nothing showing in my account Tracking, I did the order again yesterday and guess what, that is not showing in the Tracking either.

What the hell is going on here Virgin, do you want customers or don't you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bengie
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, i remade the order and was sent another tracking number.  I checked that a couple of days later and nothing, It says I have no order to track.

the order must have gone through or why would I have had a tracking number and listing the collection point with the date I could collect it.

Anyway, I rang the 0800 number and entered the account number and digits asked from my pw, went through to upgrades and it said "Sorry we are closed, we could ring you tomorrow", this was about 11 in the morning, so why are they closed and the online chat is still closed.

I then rang the 035 number and got through to someone after entering my details again.  I listed the details and he read back what I was getting but it didn't include the V^ box so told him that my offer includes the V^ box. He said he couldn't help and put me through to someone else, again with a strong Indian accent and hard to understand.  She eventually got me what I was asking for but the price she quoted was not what it said in my upgrade.  I told her what my offer said and she accepted that mentioning that there will be a £25 fee which I agreed with as that was included in my offer.

In my online offer I chose the self install but she said I had to have the engineer install and that was at an additional cost.  I said I didn't need the engineer to install and she said that I had to because of the telephone line. I said there was no line and that my phone plugged directly into my hub but she insisted I had to have a visit but she waived the fee for this.

My account is already showing what I will be getting but the engineer will visit next Tuesday.

I clicked on the survey and click on all the zeros, this has to be the worse customer service company in the world, how the hell can their office be closed.

0 Kudos
dnpark38
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

@Bengie wrote:

I clicked on the survey and click on all the zeros, this has to be the worse customer service company in the world, how the hell can their office be closed.

Because it's the other side of the world and not office hours there?

"VM 50 Mps Broadband and anytime phone."
0 Kudos