Menu
SaraSAN
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Delivery 1 month away - cannot wait

Hello,

I am unable to contact you as I have no account number and I haven't received my contract yet. I booked a slot to receive the quickstart on 1st April, 2021, now I received this email:

We're sending your QuickStart install pack very soon, but unfortunately we can’t give you the slot you picked on our website.

It'll now arrive with you on <22/04/21
ALLDAY > between 8am and 9pm. If you gave us your contact details, our delivery partner Yodel will text and/or email you with a 2 hour estimated delivery slot on the day.

This can't possible be true? 1 month to set up my account and deliver the QuickStart? I cannot wait. I work from home, what do you expect me to do? I cannot ask my employer not to work for an entire month, they will fire me. Please can someone contact me about this?

Also, I was hoping there was a click and collect option, but no option like that was offered to me when check out...never had any problem like that with any of the other provider I had so far. I have always waited up to 2 weeks only.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delivery 1 month away - cannot wait

As I understand it, Virgin are having supply problems getting their Hubs.

Can you get a 4G/5G mobile data contract to fill in until the broadband is connected?  You will need it anyway as a standby in case of broadband faults in the future, as Virgin do not guarantee continuous connection for business use on their residential service.

You may actually get a quicker connection on the Virgin Business service, that uses a different Modem.

0 Kudos
SaraSAN
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thank you for your reply 🙂
Unfortunately due to the nature of my job and the area where the flat is located, a 4G/5G mobile data router will not be enough for what I do and last time I tried one, I had lots of problems with the VPN. I just don't think it's normal they offer me to deliver on 25th March, then I give them more time until the 1st April and now they want to deliver on 22nd April and I will most likely not be home that day. There is also another problem as I am moving in officially in a few days as they are fixing some things in the flat and I might need an engineer if for some reasons there is no virgin socket, that would take even longer.

What I don't understand is why it's impossible to talk to someone via phone if you have no account number. It makes no sense.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Is there any other option for a BB provider, e.g. OpenReach, Zen, etc, etc.? That would be worth looking at.

If they are sending a quickstart pack then there must have been a VM connection in the property in the past. That doesn't mean it will still be active or the previous occupant hasn't removed the socket - so you are right to be wary. In any case as jpeg1 says they are low on Hub stocks at the moment and their delivery dates are really just moving "estimates".

You can call the customer service number 0800 064 3836 for becoming a new customer and see if you get through that way - note calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through on any VM number with minimum wait time.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SaraSAN
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks a lot for your reply 🙂

Unfortunately, it seems like only virgin media is available in my area (or that part where the flat is located). Most of the other providers are not available in my area or they only offer 32mb of download speed. BT has advised me this morning to re-check because apparently they now supply my postcode and might get up to 61-73mb and anyway I am pretty sure Virgin Media will not provide me with more than 50mb of download speed even if I pay for more.

Also, I was wondering if any of you know how can I cancel if I think this might not work for me? I haven't been charged yet.
Do you still suggest to call that number and ask them? I cannot see anything on their website that explain how can I cancel as I have just registered and have no account number.

Apologies for the many questions.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

This is how to cancel.

1 & 2 might be tricky without an account number but worth trying 1 at least. Or wait until the pack arrives - there should be a cancellation form in there. You wont be billed anything until your account and equipment have been "activated" - that is day 1.

1. Call 150 from a VM phone or by dialling 0345 454 1111 - follow options 1,1,4,4, from any phone - they are still picking up (in the UK too) - calling at 08.00 is the best time to get through with short wait times.
2. In writing to
Virgin Media Sales Operation Support,
Diamond Plaza,
Daleside Road,
Nottingham,
Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG.
Include dates, name address and all account details.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

3. Or if a new customer in the 14 day period - completing the cancellation form you have been given as part of your welcome pack and returning this to us at the address specified on the form.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
SaraSAN
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you, John.
I will try that way or hopefully someone from Virgin Media will also reply here.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

VM may well reply - but they always will say they cannot deal with cancellation requests on here and just advise you the same as I have.

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos
SaraSAN
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was hoping for them to reply to my original message and see if I can fix this with them somehow first.
If not, I will cancel.
I will try call earlier in the morning, as you suggested.

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @SaraSAN,

Thanks for getting in touch, and welcome to our community forums.

Firstly, I am very sorry to hear that the delivery of the Quickstart order that you have with us has been delayed. If it has been pushed back then you would've been offered the earliest slot available at the time, so bringing it forward won't be possible I'm afraid. Apologies.

If with this in mind you still wish to proceed with discussing and processing a cancellation, I'm afraid that we're unable to action that for you from here, as I can see @jbrennand has mentioned. As such, please reach out to the team on 0345 454 1111 by following the most relevant options to you.

I am very sorry that I haven't been able to give you the answer you were hoping for on this today.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos