cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays with installation?

Daveytn
On our wavelength

Hi guys. 

So just took out a 350 package, went with vrigin as they are the only ones to offer FTTP whereas everyone else is FTTC so I'm limited to 76Mbps via the phone line. 

They have put my installation on hold now, and won't give me a date. They say it's to do with having a shared drive (fine, but no digging is needed), and they also say they are awaiting permission from the council (for what?)

Its my own house, I have a shared access driveway yes, but the infrastructure is already present as both my neighbors have virgin media installed (see photo - I've marked my neighbors houses and the subsequent virgin media installation(s). 

All they need to do is run a new cable from the box in the ground outside my drive to my house in the existing infrastructure that supplies my neighbors. What are they talking about going on about permission etc?! They are currently saying 6-8 weeks!!

Screenshot_20220107_184904_edit_2095574411053676.jpg

71 REPLIES 71

Hi Daveytn

Thanks for coming back to us. Apologies for the delayed install. I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and you should now have your install date.

Let me know if there's anything further I can assist with.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Daveytn
On our wavelength

Well, every single day this week you (Virgin Media) has booked the external works to go ahead, and nobody has shown up to do it. 

Still a rope hanging out of my ducting, ready for a cable to be pulled. 

What the hell is going on?

I've spoke to every department, apparently every agent I've spoke to has said they've emailed the area field manager? Or someone, and nothings happening. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

it may have been said it may not - VM do not pull the cable its put out to contractors who may well re contract it - thats where it all goes wrong - nobody communicates - CS make it up as they go on - the usual line is it will be done tomorrow which then changes to tomorrow when the clock passes midnight - the AFM can push but he will hit the same wall - the contractors will turn up when they feel like it - park the van tell you exactly what they are going to do get back in the van and be off like an F1 driver never to be seen again - like i say you may know all that 

nobody in VM owns the job - believe me i have been there - the exec team handled mine and it was as chaotic and frustrating as yours - so for sanity - leave it - it will happen once it does make sure you get the fiver a day that you are owed that VM are likely not to want to pay 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Daveytn,

Thank you for coming back to us with an update on your install.

Can you tell us if there's been any progress with this? I can see you've been in touch with our team to discuss this further today. Please let us know how you're getting on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Daveytn
On our wavelength

Hello. 

Yes I've been in touch with the pre installation team and they have said that it's been reschedules every day this week since Sunday, but not sure why. I spoke with Marvin, who said he had emailed the pre-Enablement team, and said they will contact me with an update. The issue I have is that every time I speak to someone I am assured of an update which to date I have never had, once. No contact from VM at all.

Before the ducting was rectified, VM had sent out 3 teams to do a pre pull (knowing full well it was blocked). Now the ducting is unblocked and has a rope, ready to be pulling a cable through... Nobody has bothered to do it yet. 

When I ring up, I'm always told my installation date is 30/05 which is great but that won't be much use if you haven't got a cable to actually connect to. 

Hi @Daveytn

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry for the delay with this. I have reached out to the field team who are dealing with your complaint. I have let them know about the ducting now being unblocked and the cable. They'll be in touch asap.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Daveytn
On our wavelength

Hi guys, so an update post: 

Despite every member of staffs involvement to date, including the help from those staff members through this forum, nothing has actually ever materialised in the form of actual progress or contact from Virgin Media.

You won't believe what I have had to do myself to get things sorted. 

I actually contacted the Virgin Media area manager that covers my area via LinkedIn. (the person who I mentioned previously sent down an auditor to resolve things back in February). Much to my surprise, not only did he respond to me, he arranged for the same auditor to visit me again this morning - when he arrived he said how his boss had sent him down after my contact with him, and he was present to ensure the contractor team came out today and actually did the external works of pulling a 40 metre long cable from the Box around the road to my property. Not only did he stay on site til the work was finalised, he tested it with his machine (thing) and was able to connect to the internet via the cable and everything was ready for installation. Not just this, but he actually rang me when the work was finished (as I had to go to work shortly after he, and the contractors arrived). 

20/10 to this guy Nathan, he honestly lets nothing sit idle til the work is done. 

As for the actual installation inside the house, we shall see what happens on the 30th of this month. 

Can you actually believe I had to contact the area manager myself though?! 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Yes I can believe it, because without your enterprise and persistence you would still be waiting for months just like so many other customers.

Well done! 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the updates there Daveytn,

Really sorry about all the delays regarding this. 

We'll pass the feedback on for Nathan too.

Do let us know again if any issues occur. 

Take care,

Kain