cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delaying Port in of old Landlne number for a few days after Virgin Router Install ?

JonnyG14
Dialled in

I am transferring my broadband and phone to Virgin Media from BT.  However I need to have both my BT broadband router and Virgin broadband router running concurrently for a couple of days to transfer all my Wi-Fi security cameras over to Virgin Router.  They need to be logged in to BT to enable the swap to Virgin Router.  However BT will cancel all my services when Virgin give them the port in date for my phone (they already have!).  Is it possible to delay the port in of my landline number for a day or two and give BT that later date as that seems to be the date BT take as disconnection ? 

12 REPLIES 12

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

To request a Hub swap or upgrade, simply use the Virgin Media Connect app or sign in on the My Virgin Media app to find out if you’re eligible. You can also check eligibility using the link below."

And are you eligible? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I've only just ordered ! Doubt I will be eligible until they roll it out during 2022 but here's hoping !!

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You should be glad you haven't been given one until the bugs have been sorted. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.