cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

Mapey89
Joining in

Arranged a month ago to have virgin media set up, this was arranged face to face with a sales rep at home. He shown me and said they needed up to 3 weeks to install a new cable from an openreach pole to our home (about 10m - 15m of cable). You can see the new virgin box on the side of the pole as our neighbour had it installed 2 months ago.

so got an email today saying it’s been delayed, installation in home was suppose to be on Saturday. Finally got through to someone and they said a blockage had stopped them, which is a load of BS as it’s an overhead cable being replaced nothing in ducting. So the advisor must be reading from a list of excuses. Was then told the next appointment will be in 5 1/2 weeks time. This is extremely poor service from VM. I can assume they didn’t install the cable today because of the wet weather. Being pushed to the back of the queue is a **bleep** take, it’ll be 9 weeks in total I’ve waited for a simple install.

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Firstly, you should not believe a single word the sales person says because they will tell you anything to get their commission. 

Secondly, you should not believe a single word the phone staff says because they will tell you anything to sign off the call.

VM have only recently started using Openreach poles for connections. It's not just the overhead cable from the pole that they have to install but the cable from their local cabinet to the pole. That route might be in an Openreach duct or a VM duct or even both, so it's difficult to predict how long that might take.

Be prepared for a long wait, and be pleased if it is sooner. In the meantime, count up how much compensation you'll be getting for the delay. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Mapey89,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the delay with your install. 

I'm sure the team are working to get this completed as soon as possible. 

I am happy to take a look to see if I can see what has caused the delay though. 

I will private message you now. 

^Martin