cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

Mh2022
Joining in

Can someone who works for Virgin look into my case and help please? 

Signed up with Virgin Broadband in March and install was given for April, they cancelled appointment 12 hours before saying need to do more digging outside. They have been doing digging, but still no install. Why not just do the digging in one day and get job done? They come for 20 mins dig outside 1 house for 20 mins and then mark spray can to dig outside the next house 2 doors away and then come after 3 weeks to do that and so on. Why not just get your permits in one go and come on one day and do all the digging, you are digging outside every 2 houses to run the cable.

I cancelled with old provider and now I can only rejoin them if I take new 12 month contract, so left with tethering from mobile phone for home internet.

spoke to Virgin on official WhatsApp, yet all they say is you will be entitled to the automatic compensation scheme for the delays etc. That is all good and well but I want the actual internet please?

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mh2022,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

Our permits are granted by local authorities who specify the timeslots we have to perform any construction work. I apologise that our team keep coming back to continue more work. Adding to the permit side of things, we sometimes encounter unexpected issues when performing the work, which can cause delays.

I will need to get some more details from you to look into this further. Please look out for my PM in the top-right of our forums - you'll see a purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Reece_MH wrote:

Hi @Mh2022,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our forums 🙂

Our permits are granted by local authorities who specify the timeslots we have to perform any construction work. I apologise that our team keep coming back to continue more work. Adding to the permit side of things, we sometimes encounter unexpected issues when performing the work, which can cause delays.

I will need to get some more details from you to look into this further. Please look out for my PM in the top-right of our forums - you'll see a purple envelope.

Thanks,

but afaik the time slots extend over a number of days so its not dig one hole and abandon the job but thats how it seems to work - but dont despair - March to now is immediate in VM's world - there are at least 2 other slow installs recorded on here that have had their 1st birthday party - one is still running

and if the work has gone to sub contractors [with respect] you are unlikely to get any meaningful info from VM - everything will happen tomorrow and then when it does not - tomorrow and so on

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Can you PM me so I can message u to look into my installation please. 2 months have passed since our last message and another installation cancelled today. The installer came and said the cable is still blocked even though lots of digging has happened. His response was the first digging was done in May and since then May have become blocked again 🤨

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mh2022,

I've popped a reply to your most recent private message, with the most up-to-date information available. Feel free to direct any questions or concerns back to me and I'll do my best to assist.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ