Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

johnsb
Joining in

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I recently moved to a new property on 3rd May 2021 and contacted VM on that day to cancel as I was under the impression their services were not available.

Anyway, upon speaking with a member of the team they told me that Virgin would be available at my new property but as the house had never had VM before this would require new lines to be installed. I was reassured that the construction company would begin the works around the 20th of May and the installation to the property would be on the 24th. 

Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Two days before, the VM engineer was scheduled to come and install, I received a call from one of their team members informing me they would have to cancel the installation, with the reason being "permit issues". So, I thought, I'll give VM the benefit of the doubt and agreed to the new installation date of 5th June.

I then waited for the big day to come and what should happen, yes, you guessed it! the appointment would end up being rescheduled again.

The appointment has been changed multiple times now from 17th June,28th June, 20th July and now they have changed it to the 4th August! I have been waiting nearly 3 months to have VM and I'm so frustrated I don't know what to do anymore, I've tried ringing but all I get is "construction/permit issues" I've even checked on One.Network.com, and it clearly says that the planned work has been granted.

I just want internet in my home, why is that so hard to do? I would normally go with BT/Sky etc but I prefer VM for the speeds.  

Has anybody dealt with this before? Thanks   

4 REPLIES 4

lotharmat
Community elder
The forum is replete with stories like this.

I would seriously consider another provider if at all possible!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I think that's probably the best way to go. Thanks 🙂 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Get another provider on a monthly contract (4G/5G perhaps?) and just wait for VM install to happen when it happens.

When in and running you have 14 days to decide whether to keep it and cancel your other contract (or keep as backup). Or cancel VM and there will be no charges and stick with the other one.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @johnsb,

Welcome to our Community Fourms. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear about your installation issue.

I can understand that this may be very frustrating. You can always get in touch with our Pre-Install team on 08000521734 bu choosing option 0 to speak to a member of the team.

Please keep us updated on how you're getting on and let us know if we can help in any way.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs