cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation

Bu11seye
On our wavelength

Could you please look into my installation, been past from team to team multiple times on the phone - my order is 

Was given an install date, then an engineer didnt show up on two occasions, then Ive been told we are waiting for a construction team, but there's no information being given to me at any time , ram the one having to keep ring to get blood from a stone. 

I have been promised twice that an area manager is calling, obviously, that's not happening. 

Can you let me know what the estimated time scale is, another house on the development has VM

Regards

24 REPLIES 24

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bu11seye,

Welcome to the Community Forum!

I'm terribly sorry to hear that you've been left in the dark regarding your installation, and haven't been able to get the help you need with this. I'll be more than happy to take a look into this for you. Whilst we cannot arrange installation appointments from here, I will contact the Area Field Manager if needed so we can get things moving in the right direction.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

Beth

Bu11seye
On our wavelength

For those viewing, still waiting. Ordered on 3rd November , was told install on approx 19th November, we are now many many weeks down the line despite also being told maximum 6-8 weeks, I’ve been lied to, I’ve had an official complaint open for over a month, no reply, I’ve been promised a call or email from “area field manager” over 10 times... still no progress. I’ve never known such a shoddy service!!!!

I’ve easily spent best part of 10 hours on the phone and had multiple “appointments” 

I know your pain buddy, same happened to me, see here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-Delay-COVID/m-p/4591461/high...

The Giggitty 1

Still no response to my official complaint in December,  still no install date, still excuses, still getting thrown around on the phone lines

how is it even possible to have such a poorly run business? 
ordered broadband now 4 months ago ....!!

Hi Bu11seye,

thanks for posting on our community forums. We appreciate the update and cannot apologise enough that you have not been contacted regarding your original complaint or had any updates with what is happening with your install.

Remotely checking from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, we have located your account and can confirm an appointment has been made for a technician to visit.

I will pop you over a private message so I can check on your account for you. Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

Bu11seye
On our wavelength

Thanks ever so much for your reply

please note “order date”changes to today’s date every day then rolls over

subject to your response, I am going to be arranging cancellation today. My TV package with sky expires this month and I’m not going to pay out of contract pricing 

Hi Bu11seye,

Just a quick note to say we fully understand your decision to cancel your account with us, and that you are not willing to wait any longer.

If you do wish for us to chase this matter up, and take it further for you, this is something we would be willing to do.

Either way we respect any decision you make.

Kind regards Jodi.

Hey @Bu11seye, yeah that was happening with me, when somebody finally came out after 6 weeks they said that they didn't rush to do it as the date for installation wasn't set for over 30 days (said on there system he showed me), external works and communication within Virgin sucks unfortunately.

The team here where a big help during that time but they where just being ignored by field teams.

The Giggitty 1

so - I’m STILL WAITING !!!! 
I placed my order in November 2020! I’ve had multiple visits, lots of swearing from contractors outside, today is my install date (again!) and only after me chasing, they claim more work needs doing 

honestly , this is beyond a joke