cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation date(s)!

Meldy73
Tuning in

Original install date confirmed as 6th Feb. Then changed a day later to the 18th Feb. Now changed yet again to 4th March! This is frustrating and disappointing, and I am now thinking of going elsewhere, I am reading more and more bad stories about virgin media and I may have jumped in too soon! Also two clowns from the install team turned up at my house and helpfully ( and randomly) moved two large plant pots outside my house and didn’t put them back! What is going on!….

12 REPLIES 12

Client62
Legend

"I am now thinking of going elsewhere"

If that is how you feel,  Then Act Today

Once out of the cooling off period cancelling is costly and difficult.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Meldy73 

Thank you so much for your post and we are so sorry to hear that you have had a delay to your install. 

I understand how frustrating this must have been and we are so sorry that there has been a delay. Can I ask if the delay has been because of outdoor work that has needed to be completed? 

If so has this work been completed now? 

Yes, it is because of external work and this is yet to be completed

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Meldy73 wrote:

Yes, it is because of external work and this is yet to be completed

Read the many topics about delayed installations on this forum and you will get a general idea of how things might play out.

Read up on the OFCOM compensation scheme

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

and the updated rates

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Most importantly, capture a record (screenshot, email copy etc.) of the original installation date VM gave you when you first placed your order (it will refer to a technician visiting to install equipment and activate your connection). That would be the date any compensation would be applied from (although VM does sometimes try to divert from the T&Cs of the OFCOM scheme as described in many topics on here).

Are you without a connection at the moment waiting for VM? If so, you might want to consider investigating a temporary connection via 4G/5G on a rolling monthly basis to keep you going while you wait for VM.

Hi thanks for the information, I still have by 900MB FTTP by BT, so will not be without a service. However will lose TV package(SKY) in about three weeks after supposed virgin media install date. 

might look at IPTV as a temporary solution 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Meldy73 wrote:

Hi thanks for the information, I still have by 900MB FTTP by BT, so will not be without a service. However will lose TV package(SKY) in about three weeks after supposed virgin media install date.

might look at IPTV as a temporary solution 

If you can wait for VM, you could just let the compensation stack up until they eventually get around to installing it for you.

What is prompting you to switch from the BT FTTP to VM, if you don't mind my asking?

it’s a price thing to be honest, currently paying around £145 a month for SKY and BT, so the ultimate volt bundle is £79 inc o2 sim so it’s a no brainier for me and neither sky or bt could come anywhere near that! 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Meldy73 wrote:

it’s a price thing to be honest, currently paying around £145 a month for SKY and BT, so the ultimate volt bundle is £79 inc o2 sim so it’s a no brainier for me and neither sky or bt could come anywhere near that! 

Thanks, was just curious as to the reason as I switched the other way last year (VM to BT FTTP).

pompeyadey
Tuning in

Unfortunately I know how you are feeling.

we signed up for VM on 17th November and our’ Account Manager’ booked us in for installation on 29th November. About midday on 29th I got a text and email to say that it would have to be cancelled and rearranged due to an issue beyond their control.

to try and cut a long story short, we had a rearranged date of the 30th December cancelled on that day and then rearranged for the 29th March. All the while our ‘Account Manager’ becomes the Scarlett pimpernel. I have many conversations with VM where I get cut off. We actually have had a couple of letters that have mentioned permits needed, but to crown the big pile of poo, a couple of weeks ago 2 engineers came and connected the cabling and fixed the box outside the house. Didn’t need permits and didn’t need to close the road. I was lied to. 

Anyway I still have to wait until the 29th March as there are no slots available until then.