cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation date after moving house

js71
Tuning in

I had arranged for my new broadband package to be installed at my new address when moving house (having had Virgin for several years at my previous address), I have now moved in almost a month ago and still don't have any tv/broadband as it has not been installed.

The pre-pull installation work has not been carried out and my installation date keeps getting pushed back, this has happened two or three times now.

After multiple calls and conversations via the web chat with the Virgin team I have been promised each time that this work will be done in the next few days but this doesn't happen and my installation date gets pushed back. 

Is there any way to get confirmation on the pre-pull installation work being done?!

4 REPLIES 4

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Alas no, and if you care to peruse the various threads on here regarding delayed or failed installations, you will find that your issue is depressingly common and basically, there is little or anything either you or anyone at VM can possibly do to expedite things.

The compensation for a delayed install may well take the sting out of the issue though, but tell me, did you have a working VM installation at your old house which you wanted to ‘move’ to your new address? If yes, then are you paying VM for a service which you aren’t getting - it’s just that the compensation rates in this case are a lot higher?

Yes I had a working service previously, however not transferring it as such as they set me up with a new customer deal at the new address after I said I was going to cancel. I have taken my equipment with me but I assume they are going to set it up new. I haven't made any payments since moving so think would just get the regular compensation payments if any. 

To my amazement though the third party contractors for the pre pull work appeared yesterday, they searched for a pipe on the pavement outside which turned out to not actually be there but have arranged for this to be sorted at some point, however I was informed this wouldn't affect the installation as it isn't required for services to be setup. I then called Virgin Media helpdesk and spoke to the installation team and now have the installation scheduled for 01/06/23 and they confirmed that all pre-installation work had been satisfied, so fingers crossed it may get sorted next week.  

js71
Tuning in

They were unable to sort this when the engineer came due to the pre-pull work having not been completed properly. So now I have another provisional date of installation for the 17th June, which I assume is dependent on any exterior work being done before hand.. unlikely!

Is there any VM person who I can speak to about this outside of the customer service line?!

Hi there @js71 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue regarding your installation and thank you again for updating us.

I'd be more than happy to look into this with you via a Private Message. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.