cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation credit

DisgruntledSW4
Joining in

Hello all, 

My internet was due to be installed on May 8th and it was finally installed on June 12th - a 35 day delay 

I was told during this delay that i would receive compensation for each day of the delay (note: the delay was definitely Virgin's fault; i was told the internet couldnt be installed because there was no cable but lo and behold in June they were able to install it and the cable repull still hasnt happened) 

I've just received my first bill and ive only received credit for 2 days worth of delay. Does anyone understand why that is and how i can get compensation for the full delay?

thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

Z92
Trouble shooter

Do you have proof it was Virgin's fault? Delays caused by other people such as contractors (such as those who typical pull the cable through) or the council (for planning permission for any road work necessary) don't count.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @DisgruntledSW4,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the credit that was applied onto your account.

I'm sorry to hear that there has been a delay with your service install. As @Z92 suggested, the delay could be caused by many different factors outside of Virgin Media's control.

I can see that you have raised a complaint on our system. I can assure you that this is being looked into by the dedicated team. They will be able to discuss this with you further soon.

Please keep us updated and let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

Thank you,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Yes. 

the engineers who finally installed it confirmed it should have been installed on first visit May 8th. 

the beginner who came on May 8th said he wasn’t able to install because a cable repull had to be done first. However, the cable repull still hasn’t happened and the new engineers were able to install (there is already an active cable m). Ie the cable repull was not the issue and it was just a mistake from virgin 

Hi @DisgruntledSW4,

Thank you for coming back to us about this.

I understand and thanks for providing some further information. Any compensation has been calculated automatically by our system via our Automatic Compensation Scheme.

Has a member of staff been in touch with you in regards to your complaint recently? If so, what did the team advise?

Thanks,

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs