Menu
Ohhisx
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Delayed installation and pre-installation rolling over

Our original installation date was delayed 3 weeks to 16th Feb (annoying as one of us is a key worker working from home) and were then told our pre-installation date had also changed which was due to be completed on 9th Feb. No one turned up and the date for the ‘service request’ keeps rolling over every day.

We’re worried that the pre work will not be complete in time for our installation. When we phone we’re just told that they should be arriving today even though I keep explaining the date keeps changing everyday.

We have had some external work done and the T/J outside our drive way.

Does someone have a more direct phone number so we can find out if/when someone is actually coming to do the pre install (service request) before the installation. We can’t afford another delay. 

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Delayed installation and pre-installation rolling over

The service request is done by an outside contractor and will roll over every day until its complete. This could be before, on or after your installation day depending on whether problems are found with the work. 

You can try the preinstall team but chances are they won't have any further information either as the work isn't done by virgin media. 

Ohhisx
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks. I will try them again.

I have seen other people in a similar situation have some success contacting the area field managers- does anyone have a phone number for them? Or anyone from VM who can contact them on my behalf? 

0 Kudos
Ibrahim87
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This has also happened to me. My appointment has been rolling over every day since 5 February but when I call the pre-install team all they are able to say is that it has been referred to the area manager and that they will call me back. You can try and call them on 0203 706 5278 but beware that it is a call centre based outside the UK and it is very difficult to communicate.

Virgin like to blame the sub-contractor but my contract is with Virgin and it is their responsibility to sort.

0 Kudos
Ohhisx
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thought it would be helpful to post an update.

The pre-install team turned up yesterday to bury the cable under my drive and put a box on the outside of the house (6 days later than the date that was initially on the app). They were contractors not VM. We received a text from VM to say that the work had been completed and the service request appointment disappeared from the app when the contractors left.

Our installation took place successfully today and we had a VM engineer attend who was very helpful and we finally have the internet!

0 Kudos