cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed installation and compensation

GoldfingerUK
Settling in

Hi

i originally signed up with VM nearly a year ago!

The external works somehow “missed” my property! 
After many phone calls and wasted visits by engineers, my property was finally connected…… so engineer was booked and turned up, only for the signal strength to be too low! I was informed of a cable repull being needed?! 

So long and short of this whole matter back in February when I had this failed attempt I was told I would get £50 credit as I was now out of contract with Sky and having to pay full price due to VM not connecting me when agreed!

Skip forward and engineer turned up this Monday (20th) only to have the same issue! 
Even though I was told a repull had been booked!

So I ring up AGAIN and this time I actually spoke to a guy who was sympathetic to my issue and took a serious attitude towards fixing my issues, so yesterday a repull happened and I’m now booked for Monday (27th)!for install.

He informed me of the compensation so I looked into it and the website says I’m entitled to £5.25 a day from when my install was first failed…….. that date happens to be …… 16th August 2022!!

So I feel that VM won’t be quick to pay/credit me over £1,100 so what’s the most likely route to get what’s owed? Ofcom I’m guessing from other posts I have already read.

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4

GoldfingerUK
Settling in

Just to follow up there has been 7 failed attempts to connect my property due to VM clearly not listening to me in the past as within a week of speaking to someone who understood me the issue has been dealt with……. I pray 🙏🏻 

@GoldfingerUK wrote:

Just to follow up there has been 7 failed attempts to connect my property due to VM clearly not listening to me in the past as within a week of speaking to someone who understood me the issue has been dealt with……. I pray 🙏🏻 

VM has 30 days to credit your account with any compensation due from the date your services are eventually activated.

They won't 'automatically' hand over the expected £1k+ in compensation, unfortunately. You will have to go through VM's formal complaints route and then on to Ombudsman Services for arbitration.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

But you absolutely are entitled to that money, so don't settle for less. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi GoldfingerUK,

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're really sorry to hear you've been having issues with getting installed. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions due to the way we provide our network to our customers. We're happy to hear the team have arranged for the repull to happen today though. 

We do have an automatic compensation scheme in place for delayed installation. When your installation is rescheduled, the account is automatically assessed for compensation. If eligible, the credit is added and will show on the first bill that's due to be generated. You can view more on the scheme, including eligibility for when a credit is due here

Please keep us posted on how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs