cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation - more than 2 months

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am an exisiting customer who moved properties on the 1st April. Was told my broadband would be connected on the 16th April but this never happened. Each time, 2 days before the scheduled visit, I would receive a call saying it has to be pushed back 2 weeks. This has happened on a number of occassions and Virgin promised me each time that this would be it. I have been negatively impacted in my job due to the lack of internet. I have also raised a complaint to which I have received no response to that. Absolutely shockingly bad service from Virgin. Are you guys just going to keep delaying me until my contracts up? 

27 REPLIES 27

Thanks for coming back to me Aminryu,

Die to this I am going to email the area field manager on your behalf and find out why the technicians are not arriving when booked in. I will pop you over a private message to take some details from you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Updates on this: Still haven't had anyone around yet 😕 not looking good for my 2nd July install date

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Can someone on the virgin team please update me on the status? I've not heard back from anyone and my supposed install date is tomorrow yet I've had no engineer come out for the cable pull

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aminryu

I'm really sorry that you have not heard back from anyone yet, I am currently chasing up for a response from the Area Field Manager. I will keep you updated as soon as I hear back.

I have taken a look at your account and everything looks good and remains scheduled for your install tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Serena

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Wow looks like installation has been delayed to the 16th July! Absolutely ridiculous!

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aminryu

Thank you for the update, I'm really sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed again. I understand how frustrating this must be.

Were you given a reason for the delay?

Serena

Aminryu
On our wavelength

The text message said construction work but not a single person came out to my property 😞 can't explain how frustrated and upset this has made me

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the details @Aminryu

I am so sorry for the frustration and upset this is causing you, I will continue to chase up the Area Field Manager regarding your installation.

I will update you as soon as I have any further information,

Apologies,

Serena

Aminryu
On our wavelength

I can't afford any more delays or stress. I just know come the 16th July, I'll be delayed again. I even called up every day to ensure this was progressing but not once did I have an engineer come out. I wish I never signed up to VM if I knew it would be like this. I want to leave VM now for failure to provide a service and will be demanding full compensation. I called up to be passed through to the quickstart team in which the line was disconnected ( feel like they put the phone down on me). My complaint still hasn't been actioned.

This is also what I got in a text message: Previously the construction work is not completed and also junction box is fitted in wrong way to resolve this new permit is required.

Aminryu
On our wavelength

@Serena_C , did the area field manager ever get back to you? 

Spoke with an agent who wanted to close down my complaint saying the resolution would be passed onto colleague. Take about cheeky. I said no to closing the complaint. The colleague she passed it onto had no idea and explained complaints are handled by an external team.