cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation - more than 2 months

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Hi,

I am an exisiting customer who moved properties on the 1st April. Was told my broadband would be connected on the 16th April but this never happened. Each time, 2 days before the scheduled visit, I would receive a call saying it has to be pushed back 2 weeks. This has happened on a number of occassions and Virgin promised me each time that this would be it. I have been negatively impacted in my job due to the lack of internet. I have also raised a complaint to which I have received no response to that. Absolutely shockingly bad service from Virgin. Are you guys just going to keep delaying me until my contracts up? 

27 REPLIES 27

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Has VM given you any explanations why the installation keeps getting delayed? Often it is to do with not being able to bring a cable to the property due to a duct in the street being blocked. If so, that often involves multiple parties such as the local council (if the street needs to be dug up) as well as VM and their sub-contractors. Topics on here regularly show that, if the planned installation is interrupted for some reason as above, the subsequent communication and management of the issue is totally shambolic and chaotic. Usually the customer is kept badly informed, if informed at all.

Check out the compensation links here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

and

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

you need to read all the small print very carefully and see how it applies to your situation. VM will often try to wriggle out of paying it and you may have to fight your corner to be adequately compensated.

Depending on when you submitted your complaint, your next step would be to complain to CISAS the arbitration service.

A delay since the middle of April is poor and even worse if they are still charging you for a service you are not receiving.

The VM forum team might be able to look into it and help in some way. They will normally get to your post in a few days.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Aminryu,

Welcome back to our Community Forums. Thank you for getting in touch  about your install issue, and my apologies that it is still ongoing.

We understand that it can be quite frustrating when the install date is pushed back. Can you tell us if you have been advised about the reason for the install being pushed back?

I'm really sorry to hear that this has impacted your negatively. This was not our intention at all. I understand that you have logged a complaint about this issue. You can keep track of your Complaints on your online account.

You can also read up on our Complaints Code of Practice for more information about how your Complaint will be handled. 

Please let me know if you would like some further details about this issue and I can discuss this with you via Private Message if needed. Please keep us updated.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Hi Paulina,

Initially I was told this was due to permit issues which I accepted. Later the reason became that the engineer had done the work incorrectly and they needed to sort out wiring and this has been the issue for the last month. I was told they had an engineer booked for today but I haven't seen anyone outside my property today. I'm suspecting that the installation date will be delayed again. Will keep you updated

Thanks for your reply, Aminryu, 

The dates are still the same and you can view the appointments online: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-manage-engineer-appointment.

Cheers,

Corey C

Aminryu
On our wavelength

Looks like the engineers didn't arrive today as suspected.... had to call your colleague to make sure an engineer comes out tomorrow. 

Let us know how the visit goes,

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Aminryu
On our wavelength

There was no visit on the Saturday 😕 suspecting I'll be delayed again at this rate

Hi Aminryu,

Really disappointed to hear this, has anyone visited today at all?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Aminryu
On our wavelength

No, no one has visited today either 😞