cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed Installation - 3 Month Delay

stevenli02
Joining in

Hi, I'm a new customer who has recently moved into a new property and was first told that I would get my broadband installed on the 12th June. It was originally delayed because of permits required from the council to do roadwork. After the person on the phone said it was acquired, they said there would be an installation of my broadband. However, this was later delayed due to reasons not provided. Out of frustration, I cancelled the order and waited 2 weeks before starting a new contract since it was the only viable option for my family.

At the end of July, I contacted virgin media and they told me that the installation would occur on the 18th August. This was then delayed because of the roadwork. The person on the phone told me that they had acquired the permits to do the roadwork and only needed to get it have a team of engineers over to handle it.

I have seen engineers outside my house doing something to the cables yet they leave after a few minutes. One of their engineers came to install my broadband and said it couldn't be done since the cables have not been put into place. However he told me that it was an easy job to install the cables, he just needed another person with him as well as the tools.

One of the virgin media team contacted me this week assured me that my broadband would be installed on the 10th September and even kept on insisting that she guaranteed the engineers would get it done. This week an engineer came around to check out the cable work outside my house and also left after a few minutes.

I have now been emailed that my installation has been delayed yet again to the 28th September which has become stressful for me since my siblings need access to the internet to do their school work. I leave for university in 2 weeks and would not be able to provide my siblings with my personal hotspot to complete their work.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Look at an alternative ISP supplier and sign up with them and just leave the VM install to happen. You pay nothing until the day it is installed activated and working. From then you have 14 days in which to cancel the contract and pay nothing and stay with the new ISP. Or keep the VM BB and cancel the other one. That would be easier if there is a suitable 4G/5G SIM option that you can get on a monthly contract. Look at options from Three for the address. They have 4G packages on a 12 month contract with unlimited data and a Three Hub for about £17-21.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @stevenli02,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your post. I'm really sorry to hear of your experience with the installation currently.

I would like to look further into this for you and whilst we can do very little in altering dates for construction work, I'll see if I can shed any more light here.

I'll just send you a private message to confirm some account details, so please keep an eye on the purple envelope at the top of the page.

Many thanks,

Molly 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide